Learning4impact (L4i) is a knowledge partnership project funded by the USAID/India Health Office and led by Swasti – The Health Catalyst. The project provides insights and evidence to maximize health impact among programs in India, with a focus on reproductive, maternal, child and adolescent health (RMNCH+A), Health system strengthening, and tackling infectious diseases like Tuberculosis, HIV and COVID-19. Anchored in the Learning4impact online platform (www.learning4impact.org), L4i project provides the USAID/India Health Office and its partners with strategic support, knowledge management, communications support and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL).
A key area of support under the partnership is to strengthen Gender equality social inclusion(GESI) within and through ongoing and future USAID investments. The objective of this support is three-fold: To share knowledge that helps partners implement GESI, to improve cross-learning and collaboration on GESI across the health sector, and to showcase USAID/India’s learning and influence in this space.
Position: Lead, Inclusive Development
Job Location: New Delhi
We are seeking a full time Lead for the Inclusive Development portfolio to spearhead the development and implementation of a strategy to broaden the use of inclusive approaches across the Health Office investments. The selected candidate will also be responsible for quality delivery of support agreed upon in this area, while providing advisory support to partners and internal stakeholders on inclusion and equity issues. The position will report to the Chief of Party, Learning4impact.
- Manage timely and quality delivery of planned activities
- Planned activities for the year to be completed, including learning events, communication of success stories, partnerships facilitation, and technical support provision.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained for all deliverables.
- Plan and execute new activities to achieve portfolio objectives
- Identify new pathways for meeting the portfolio objectives, including new communication channels, strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, new areas of investment, and capacity building opportunities.
- Provide need-based technical assistance to USAID on request.
- Manage teams and contracting obligations
- Ensure necessary consultants and specialists have been identified and contracted.
- Conduct planning and review meetings as required, manage all reporting requirements, and keep the team and donor updated on progress.
- Manage key partnerships
- Responsible for donor management, including understanding and meeting expectations, reporting and vetting external communication with respect to this portfolio.
- Engage with USAID partners and sector experts and stakeholders and facilitate opportunities for learning and collaboration.
- Postgraduate degree in Public Health, Community Health, social sciences, Development Studies or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the development sector, with a significant portion of it being in health and health systems.
- Demonstrated experience of working on inclusion and equity issues with a solution/implementation focus.
- In-depth understanding of the Indian health system, and emerging issues in primary health care, reproductive health, communicable diseases and social and behaviour change with a lens of Gender equality and social inclusion.
- In depth understanding of the Inclusive development space in India and globally
- Experience of working with one or many of the groups identified by L4i- Urban Poor, Adolescents and Youth, Sexual and gender minorities, Women and girls, Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes within an inclusive development lens
Demonstrated skills in:
- An application of inclusive approaches in development programming
- A well developed network of agencies who show best practices in this area- Foundations, People’s organisations, Academic institutions, Research agencies, National and State level forums of the same, etc
- Knowledge management and data analysis
- Developing communications materials for different audiences
- Managing partnerships with donors and other stakeholders
- Managing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Knowledge of at least one other Indian language essential.
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite, Google applications, etc.
To apply for this job please visit catalyst.kekahire.com.