MukkaMaar (https://mukkamaar.org/), established in 2018, envisions a gender-equitable world by restoring agency in adolescent girls from marginalized communities, and creating gender-equitable schools. We believe that the body, voice and mind are inextricably linked and girls must be enabled to exercise their agency across these domains. Empowerment self-defence (ESD) and theatre and pedagogy of the oppressed form the foundation for all our interventions.
In 3 years, MukkaMaar has impacted 3k girls through offline programs, 11k students through digital programs, and 50k students indirectly through school staff capacity building. Our digital product Power with Mukki has been developed to drive intervention at scale and leverage the power of technology.
When the burden of safety is lifted, girls begin to explore their true abilities.
Apply if you –
● A professional with 6-10 years of experience in curriculum development, monitoring and evaluation of programs, with a focus on gender, delivering results in time, with progressively increasing responsibility.
● Someone who has been into and interested in sports/ martial-arts / fitness/ marathons and value it’s contribution in personality development
● Have a demonstrated ability and proficiency in presenting, comprehending and analysing data and numbers (Don’t apply if spreadsheets give you a headache.)
● Believe in tech products or digital interventions
● Have strong passion for contributing to improving lives of underserved children
● Can stretch beyond call of duty, fully own your work and be responsible for outcomes .
At MukkaMaar you will be –
● Designing, improving and executing MukkaMaar programs with clear focus on the long-term goals
● Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
● Delivering on the program targets, effectively and efficiently, continuously improving the program outcomes
● Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
● Assist other team members on budgeting, decks, proposal writing
● Managing and coordinating with external product related stakeholders, vendors, funders, researches, and other personnel
● An interest/experience in movement (dance/yoga/martial-arts/running etc.)
● An open mind, willing to address own biases and prejudices through the journey in MukkaMaar.
● Outcome focussed, data driven, goal oriented
● People skills
● Excellent communication (written & oral), presentation
● High degree of ownership and ability to operate in a fast-paced, result-driven culture
● Ability to make things happen in uncertainty
It would be awesome if you have –
● An understanding or lived experience of gender inequality (you could identify as any gender)
● Have managed programs impacting >5000 beneficiaries directly.
To apply –
We are a very small team. Apply only if you wish to be part of a growing organisation with a dynamic and fluid role and can work in a startup-like environment with an informal atmosphere, yet high level of output and accountability.
Please email on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following –
● A letter/audio/video for why you are applying
● Your CV
● The role you are applying for
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com