Website Dream a Dream Foundation
ABOUT DREAM A DREAM
A pioneer of life skills in India, Dream a Dream exists to empower young people from vulnerable backgrounds to overcome adversity and thrive. Since 1999, we have pioneered the mainstreaming of life skill interventions in the education ecosystem and have helped young people thrive in the 21st century through our innovation lab and strategic partnerships in the 5 states. By mainstreaming life skills curriculum, pedagogical approaches, teacher professional development, assessment, and curriculum reform through partnerships with state governments in Delhi, Uttarakhand, Telangana, Jharkhand, Karnataka and Aga Khan Foundation in Kenya, Dream a Dream has reached 1.7 million children in public education systems. Today, we are on a journey to shift mindsets about the purpose of education and create a learning ecosystem where thriving is the purpose of education.
ROLE: MANAGER – FUNDRAISING
DEPT/PROGRAMME : FUNDRAISING
REPORTING MANAGER : SENIOR MANAGER – FUNDRAISING
JOB LOCATION: BENGALURU
SALARY : INR 9,60,000 PER ANNUM
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Manager of Fundraising, the individual will actively assist in the development of the Fundraising department and team. It would involve executing the strategy and vision of the Fundraising Department in line with the overall mission of Dream a Dream. This is a proactive role which includes raising the profile of the organization in the community and amongst potential donors. This position will provide focus on building partnerships with Corporates, Foundations and HNIs along with donor relationship management. The individual will support the fundraising initiative to meet organizational targets, strategize fundraising, implement it, and strengthen team and organizational capabilities towards desired goals.
- Develop a long-term Fundraising strategy for Dream a Dream together with the Fundraising Team, professional and other interested individuals, and ensuring that this strategy is fully implemented in line with Dream a Dream’s overall mission
- Take ownership for a meaningful proportion of the annual fundraising goals through domestic fundraising
- Build and manage budgets to meet fundraising goals
- Build and sustain long-term relationships with key domestic funders and supporters
- Manage departmental communication and assist in the efficient, effective, smooth running of the Fundraising office
- Engage with funders to deepen their understanding of Dream a Dream’s work and create
opportunities for them to visit/participate in the programs
- To act as an advocate for the organisation within the wider community and stakeholders
CSR & DOMESTIC FUNDERS
1. Research, establish, develop pipeline and convert CSR/domestic funders to support the strategy of the organization
2. Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing CSR partners to ensure long-term partnerships for Dream a Dream
3. Write effective grant proposals and build communication items that help Dream a Dream establish long-term relationships with domestic funders
4. Submit timely, accurate and effective reports to sustain and nurture relationships
HIGH VALUE & RETAILS DONORS
1. Research, establish and maintain relationship with Dream a Dream’s High Value donors
2. Research, identify and develop potential new donors likely to give a major gift
3. Secure Major Donors for Dream a Dream with specific focus on domestic Indian donors
1. Develop and prepare proposals and applications according to guidelines; comply with all criteria as required by foundation/CSR donors/ government grant agencies.
2. Understanding the requirements of a corporate partner and reflect how our organization meets those requirements.
3. Demonstrate the logic behind and outcome of the project and show the impact the funds will have.
4. Interact and communicate with senior management, program staff, and government or foundation representatives during the proposal design and development phase.
5. Maintain a tracking system of proposals and follow up to provide additional information.
1. Ensure timely donor reporting for all funds received from grant agencies /corporate foundations/ government grant agencies.
2. Gather information and analyse the utilization of funds received from various programs / projects.
3. Report on detailed project status and fund utilization on current grant programs complying with all the reporting requirements of the donor agencies.
4. Ensure effective allocation of funds against proposals submitted.
1. Maintain a master calendar for all grant activity, including submitted proposals and grant requests;
2. Maintain current records in database, including grant tracking and reporting.
3. Maintain up-to-date and accurate tracking systems for management of donor relationships and grants development.
4. Monthly reports for Leadership Team using current template and be prepared to provide detailed analysis and answer questions related to monthly activities
5. Regularly update and leverage the Salesforce system to improve donor management processes
1. Develop linkages with strategic partners, online platforms and large donor community with particular focus on strengthening domestic fundraising
2. Contribute to achievement of strategic goals set by the organization
3. Participate in strategic planning, annual planning and budgeting process for the organization
4. Work with the Senior Manager Fundraising and/or the CEO on major funder proposals and reports to donors
5. Work with Senior Manager – Fundraising on building new corporate and overall domestic funding avenues
6. Respond in a timely manner to information requests from program teams, finance teams, donors or member fundraising teams.
7. Maintain clear communication channels with donors and stakeholders: Maintain clear communication channels with members of the fundraising team when approaching new donors and managing existing ones
8. Co-ordinate delivery of accurate and timely reporting: Support and co-ordinate the delivery of funder/donor reporting requirements (including development of a clear reporting schedule) to ensure all reporting is timely, accurate and fully meets funder requirements and internal Dream a Dream requirements. Provide quality assurance for all funder reporting.
9. Ensure the maintenance of an effective contract and documentation management system and process in compliance with Dream a Dream policy and practice.
10. Being a small team, you would also be required to multi-task between roles, as and when required by the organization for the furtherance of its goals
· A strong track record (3-5 years) of securing funding for charitable or NGO activities from a variety of funding streams, preferably from the domestic funding space focused on education
· A strong portfolio of communication and awareness-raising materials
· Excellent personal contacts and connections with potential major donors and supporters
· Creative and strategic thinker with a strong understanding of modern digital communication
· Advanced writing, proofing and editing ability in the English language
· An understanding of the international education field and education issues in India
· Willingness to travel as and when necessary for the role
HOW TO APPLY: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line along with the following documents attached:
1. Cover letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dream a Dream is committed to upholding diversity and inclusion in our workplace and we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups, within the organisation and outside, to apply to open positions. We embrace our employees’ differences of religion or belief, caste, race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation gender, gender identity or expression, language differences, family or marital status, physical, mental and development abilities, social or economic class, education, work and behavioural styles, political affiliation, and other characteristics that make us unique.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com