Website Khan Academy
Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional manager for our philanthropy team. The Philanthropy Manager is responsible for leading the growth of The Learners Fund,” Khan Academy s annual giving fund focused on individual donors.
This role is responsible for donor identification, stewardship, cultivation, engagement and solicitations that inform and inspire donors to increasing levels of support and engagement. Building on a strong foundation of donors, the Philanthropy manager designs and executes donor engagement strategies that share the critical work of Khan Academy and its impact. The fund is now ready to pursue a structured growth strategy. This role will drive the execution of that work and grow a vibrant donor community at Khan Academy.
What Youll Do
Fundraising program management and development
- Collaborating across cross functional teams to manage the production of annual appeals, renewals, and upgrade materials, as well as all other correspondence and stewardship initiatives specific to the mid-level program.
- In collaboration with the team, create a donor acknowledgment experience for mid-level donor segment that aligns with Khan s values and mission.
- Undertake regular wealth screening activities to ensure donors and prospects are identified and allocated to the appropriate stewardship activities and to build the pipeline.
- Develop robust donor profiles for key donors and prospects to guide stewardship and cultivation plans.
- Support the Director of Major and Individual Giving and the Chief External Relations Officer in individual giving tasks in order to increase donor engagement.
- Champion the mid-level audience s needs in messaging, creative, and segmentation for all campaigns, consistently rallying consensus.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level donors, working to cultivate, solicit, upgrade, and steward their contributions being sure to keep the mission of Khan Academy central.
Planning and analysis
- Use Salesforce NPSP to collect, track and manage key donor and program information.
- Develop detailed plans to execute all program activities and ensure a robust and health program of donor engagement and stewardship.
- Use data from campaigns, donor stewardship, outreach and feedback to inform program improvements and learning.
- Regularly track performance against goals and use this to amend and enhance program plans.
What You Bring
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done. You operate with urgency and efficiency. You know how to identify problems and love to develop plans informed by data to deliver and solve them.
- Creative . You find new ways to engage diverse audiences who have never had the opportunity to give before. You have the ability to use Philanthropy to empower and to engage a larger audience.
- Builder. You re someone who thinks strategically. You re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding cross functional teamwork.
- Detail-oriented. You re aware that paying attention to small details can have a huge impact on the organization and you take steps to make sure your work is thoughtful and thorough
- Adept Fundraiser. You have deep knowledge of both the art and science of fundraising and have a proven track record as a fundraiser with mid-level gifts. You have a strong facility with fundraising software (Salesforce preferred) and a broad understanding of donor acquisition, digital giving, and moves management.
- Passionate. You believe in and care about our shared Khan Academy Mission. You care about changing lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn t mean we don t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
Perks And Benefits
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to put your talents towards a deeply meaningful mission and the opportunity to work on high-impact products that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where Parents, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Women and Gender Minorities, and LGBTQIA+ identified folks come together
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
To apply for this job please visit www.shine.com.