Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
Every year, hundreds of members from the Teach For India community graduate and transition into our Alumni movement. The Manager, Network Learning & Collaboration will be responsible for enabling an active, thriving, learning and growing Alumni community that fuels progress towards the collective vision for our region.
This work involves fostering strong, meaningful relationships with our Alumni and leveraging these efforts to improve Alumni ownership, engagement and collaboration. This will be an essential community manager role to unleash the power of our Alumni to learn and act collectively with an intention to change the status quo for children. They will directly report to the Senior Manager – Regional Partnerships and manage a team of 0-2 individuals to lead this complex and powerful mission for the city.
Activating the Network:
- Establish and sustain an active regional Alumni chapter committee that creates projects and spaces at the intersection of the Regional vision and needs of the Alumni community
- Support the Alumni chapter with project management, event logistics and user experience
- Design and execute new initiatives that will bring the Alumni to mobilize people/resources, advocate for shared causes and collaborate with each other (including Teach for India)
- Own the design and execution of large-scale events like education conferences, regional conclaves etc. to make collective progress visible and instill a sense of regional pride
- Moderate local Alumni email distribution lists, WhatsApp/Telegram groups and other social media channels
- Provide opportunities to amplify the voice of our Alumni through opportunities to publish white papers, research, write op-eds/blogs, participate in radio/TV/online shows to share their views on education or social innovations
Building learning communities:
- Identify and nurture key Alumni in the region who can anchor Communities of Practice (CoPs) across various prioritized pathways within education
- Invite Alumni to galvanise around high leverage problem statements and inspire action on key barriers faced by children in the region
- Create a regional entrepreneurs’ collective and organize recurring spaces for peer learning and support
Managing data & impact:
- Maintain an updated Alumni database that tells us where our Alumni are, the roles they play and the health of their community.
- Set up systems to track and report Alumni engagement data across projects and periodically share these with national teams
- Liaise with the Regional Communications Lead to plan creative campaigns, newsletters podcasts, reports, websites etc. that spread stories of individual and collective impact within and beyond the local Alumni community
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Graduate/Postgraduate in any field
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in external-facing roles (e.g. public relations, government relations, business development)
- Experience in managing, executing, and taking complete ownership of multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to quickly build relationships and influence others without authority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to deliver compelling stories/messages through various media to a variety of audiences
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to solve complex programmatic and people-related challenges
- A growth mindset, with an underlying belief, that one’s abilities and competencies can be developed through dedication, hard work and practice
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.