Website Educate Girls
The Manager / Sr. Manager-Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for leading resource mobilization from CSR initiatives / Corporate Foundations in India and attain the desired fundraising targets. The incumbent will research, identify and connect with the decision makers of the prospective donor organizations, prepare relevant proposals, deliver presentations and follow through the successful closure. In addition, the position is also responsible for ensuring effective key account management of existing corporate donors and developing avenues for prospecting new clients, reviewing and finalizing donor reports and high-quality proposal development.
Position Key Responsibilities:
• To develop the annual fundraising strategy from corporate donors & meet targetsin consultation with the Director – Purpose & Resource Mobilization (strategize & operationalize or execute)
• To strategize the annual fund-raising plan for ensuring sustainable processes for corporate fundraising in consultation with the Director – Purpose & Resource Mobilization
• To operationalize and implement the strategy to meet the fundraising targets Donor Prospecting & Acquisition
• To lead the process of developing long-term strategic partnerships with corporates to fund the organization’s projects and programmes
• To meet the senior management teams / key decision makers of potential corporate organizations to explain Educate Girls’ (EG) focus thematic areas and showcase the work currently being done at the grassroots
• To discuss and explain various avenues, ideas and opportunities to explore mutual areas of interests with potential corporates
• To represent EG in different corporate forums and events, CSR seminars and conferences, nationally and internationally, to network with prospective corporates to improve the visibility of the organization. To get speaking opportunities.
• Develop fundraising processes such as trackers, MIS reporting, budgets etc. Update & review the prospect trackers, monthly proposal trackers, and weekly meeting calendars for the team, and provide inputs, as necessary
• To make & review the pitch presentations, case studies, and audios/videos for showcasing existing interventions
• Lead the process of developing products, campaigns and platforms for corporate fundraising, such as
employee giving, cause related marketing, events and so forth keeping in mind the brand image of
• To ensure the creation of proposals and concept notes & reports as per donor requirements and coordinate with the Programme Operations team for this, as required
• Conceptualizing and writing proposals, key inputs for the proposal and troubleshooting support in case of problems/delays
• To review the final proposal to be sent to the donor and ensure timely follow up of the same Partnership Agreements
• To review the grant agreements/ contract with the corporate partners, and close with the designated functions with guidance from the Director (Line Manager)
• To ensure the agreements and contract meet donor requirements, while ensuring compliance to EG’s procedures, system and ethical guidelines issues
• To ensure effective grant contract management for corporate partners in terms of seeking extensions or tracking under-spends; in close collaboration with the Director
Donor Management, Service & Retention
• To develop and implement a stewardship program for Corporate partners to ensure donor retention
• To monitor the quality of corporate donor relationship management being provided and ensuring quality outputs
• To manage ongoing relationship by ensuring timely resolution of queries raised by corporate donors
• To ensure that regular meetings are being scheduled with existing donors to provide them programme updates and current programme status
• To ensure regular interaction with the other team members to share programme updates and exchange information regarding events, activities and new partnerships
• To review and ensure timely submission of donor reports to all the corporate donors
• To ensure timely, accurate and effective donor management in terms of the standard processes, such timely dispatch of tax certificates, sharing the annual reports, etc.
• To initiate and encourage project visits for existing and prospective donors
• To accompany some of the key large donors on field visits
• To deal with sensitive/critical donor feedback to pre-empt issues and manage sensitive relationships
• To ensure effective key account management to enhance donor retention and receive grant extensions
Desired Incumbent Profile:
Personality: Self-driven, result-oriented with a positive outlook with a clear focus on high quality output. Excellent conceptual and analytical skills. Demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives. Empathic communicator, ability to see things from the other person’s point of view. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month. Ability to get along with variety of individuals and a team player with exemplary leadership skills.
Work Life Balance: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to manage travel without upsetting domestic situation. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Technology skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email. Open for learning and adapting to new technologies being introduced in the organization.
Specific Job Skills & Values:
• Proven track record of achieving targets & experience of the Indian Corporate CSR scenario and sound networking
• Good understanding of the possibilities and tactics for influencing decision and policy makers, prospective and existing donors and other key actors
• Sound contextual knowledge of local issues, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions, Right to Education, Child Psychology, and Community Motivation (preferable)
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, collaborate with individuals in a culturally diverse setting and build consensus
• Ability to multitask and perform under stress situation
• Ability to treat people equally irrespective of gender
• Integrity towards the work and ability to “know & do” what is right
• Striving to lead by performance excellence
• Working effectively and inclusively with a range of people both within and outside of the organization
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local, state and national levels.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Proven capacity to supervise, train, coach and mentor staff
• Ability to work with international corporates – openness to work with diversified culture
Adherence to Code of Conduct & EG Policies:
All existing & new employees shall ensure that they at all times act in compliance with EG’s laid down Code of Conduct & adhere to all Policies of EG, including but not limited to Workplace Harassment Policy, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Redressal Policy, Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct Policy, Whistleblower Policy, Work from Home Policy, Diversity and Inclusion Policy etc. EG has a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of discrimination.
Preferred Education Background:
• Post-graduate preferably in MBA (Marketing/ Business Development) from a reputed institution; or a similar field
• Excellent written and Verbal Communication skills
Preferred Work Experience:
• 10 – 12 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated ability to steer resource mobilization for large scale organization/s
• Substantial experience in networking and collaboration with corporate CSR initiatives across country
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.