Website South Pole
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
The Climate Investment team is responsible for developing and managing sustainable impact funds, as well as other facilities, vehicles and platforms for investments in climate action. Our scope of expertise covers a variety of topics related to sustainable land-use, low-carbon energy, climate-smart cities and/or clean technology, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
You will provide technical inputs into deliverables and provide advice to clients, partners and other stakeholders on the topic of Sustainable Infrastructure, Sustainable Finance and Climate Policy, with a particular focus on an India-based public sector mandate, focused on sustainable cities. Project management of advisory mandates on climate change and sustainability solutions is a key focus of this role. You will take ownership of all proposals and/or mandates where you are assigned as manager. You will be the first point of contact for those proposals and projects and ensure that all tasks are executed and all completed deliverables are submitted to the client.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Planning, coordinating and managing consultancy mandates for public and private sector clients related to Sustainable Infrastructure and Sustainable Climate Finance
- Delivering high-quality proposals, consultancy reports and other deliverables (e.g. presentations, blogs, workshop materials) in English
- Provide technical leadership in the implementation of advisory projects and technical reviews of projects managed by other colleagues on the topic of Sustainable Infrastructure Finance
- Design of project work plans, schedules, budgets and delivery of financial and technical status reports
- Support the creation of capacity building and teaching material
- Offer capacity building courses and trainings together with training institutes to the different target groups such as cities infrastructure financial specialists
- Financial and administrative oversight of advisory mandates
- Leading assignment-specific, international teams composed of internal and external experts and organisations
- Liaise with clients on consultancy mandates
- Support in the acquisition of new mandates through networking with local and international stakeholders in India as well as the preparation of proposals
- Participation in client-facing events and meetings, speak about relevant topics and representing South Pole and its services (in English and Hindi)
- Development of concepts and methodologies for new consulting opportunities within the topic of Sustainable Infrastructure Finance
- Support the development of South Pole’s strategy and service offering in the field of Sustainable Infrastructure Finance
- A minimum Master’s degree, ideally with some post-graduate work in Finance, Business Administration or sustainability-related disciplines
- Extensive relevant work experience in sustainable infrastructure management, consultancy related to urban infrastructure- RE, e-mobility and waste management;
- Experience in Public/Private Partnership projects;
- Experience in financial analysis of infrastructure projects;
- Experience managing projects with bilateral and multilateral institutions;
- Experience in working with cities and state governments;
- Able to independently manage proposals and develop methodologies for call for proposals from bilateral and multilateral institutions, philanthropies among others;
- Know-how on how to assess Sustainable Development Goals and carbon markets;
- Commercial skills and good business sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment;
- Proven ability to create high quality written documents (technical deliverables and non-technical summaries) in English
- Excellent oral command of English and Hindi (and professional proficiency in other major languages in India like Gujarati or Tamil is of advantage)
- Relevant work experience in sustainability consulting, grant/investment management, knowledge management, stakeholder engagement or other related fields;
- Analytical skills and mindset.
- Diligent, reliable and proactive.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Good prioritisation and time management
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
To apply for this job please visit careers.southpole.com.