Website Dream a Dream Foundation
About Dream a Dream
Dream A Dream was registered in under Charitable trust act to empowering children and young people from vulnerable backgrounds to overcame adversity and flourish in the 21st century using a creative life skill approach. Currently, we work 10,000 young people a year through our innovation labs – After School Life skill programme and Career Connect Programme, we have trained over 5500 teachers/ educators from 157 partners impacting over 1,37,500 children and young people and sensitise over 2500 volunteering through our unique Life skills Development model. we work on a strong collaborative approach with local corporates, Volunteers, Governments, experts Consultants and a host of National and international Strategic Partners.
Job Title: Manager, Level 1: Training &Design
Type: Full time
Reporting Manager: Director: Programme Design and Development
No of positions: 2
The primary responsibility entails designing programmatic interventions across all programmes of Dream a Dream and capacity building of various stakeholders (such as schoolteachers, government educators – DIET/ SRG/ BRC/ BEO, NGO professionals, trainers, etc.) in promoting life skills and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for the holistic development of young people to thrive. The Programme Design and Development team aims to develop the capability of facilitators and master trainers by developing facilitation skills and knowledge about “thriving” and using Dream a Dream’s creative facilitation approach.
We are looking for a training manager & design thinker who is:
- Comes from a teaching or training background (theatre, creative arts, facilitation)
- Passionate about making learning an invigorating and empowering experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Design & Training Interventions:
- Design interventions for a wide variety of stakeholders, including young people, school teachers, in-house facilitators, lead-trainers/lead facilitators and government agencies for our:
State partnerships (offerings)
- After School Lifeskills Programme (ASLP)
- Career Connect Programme (CCP)
- Ensure all training programs maintains the approach of the Arc of Transformation (AOT).
- Ensure quality and impact at scale for different programmatic interventions across the organization.
- Plan and execute series of capacity-building programs, training workshops and webinars for stakeholders in the education system.
- Capacity building of lead trainers and lead facilitators that understand and demonstrate life skills approach among all stakeholders.
- Design and develop training programmes for various concepts that contribute to thriving in young people.
- Work with subject matter experts, internal team members and identify target audience’s training needs.
- Conduct research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Apply tested design theories, practices, and methods.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Support content creators in creating material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games etc.
- Take decisions on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
Required Skills and Qualification
- Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of full-time work experience in training, design, and development
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English and one regional language (such as Kannada or Hindi)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other teams.
- Organisation skills, including time management and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office – especially MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Proficient in using the internet for finding relevant resources and materials.
- Willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for technology as an enabler for learning is critical.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Experience in the field of life skills, Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Experience in training different stakeholders using facilitation approach and delivery of workshops.
- Experience in translation of content between English and regional languages (Kannada or Hindi)
How to apply:
Submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Dream a Dream is committed to upholding diversity and inclusivity at our workplace and we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Only short listed candidates shall be notified by us.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org