Website eGovernements Foundation
The Challenge and the Mission
A simple task of movement of money from one level of government to the final expenditure entity can be a lengthy process in India. The process results in significant delays in funds reaching the last mile; uncertainty for intended recipients; the administrative burden for front line managers; poor quality of audit and large amounts of unutilized funds. By one estimate, at any given time there is an unspent balance of approximately Rs. 1 lakh crore parked in various bank accounts across the administrative system.
The Public Finance Management (PFM) Mission aims to improve the financial health of the Government, adapt to dynamic and evolving needs, ensure a functioning and responsive service delivery system by deploying available funds in ways that create and strengthen the enabling environment for businesses and individuals to prosper and stay healthy. This will be done by creating an Open Digital Platform for public finance management.
- Design the foundational national platform including core data infrastructure, core services infrastructure, and solutions layer
- Develop the key building blocks of the platform (principles, standards, and digital artifacts). These are more fundamental context-invariant components of the shared digital infrastructure.
- Build reference solutions (applications) on the platform for the most pressing problems
- Create a scale@speed exemplar of transformation to build acceleration by building a reference implementation
- Deliver PFM platform, as a digital public good and co-create its standards and protocols
- Evangelize the platform approach and generate demand for the PFM platform. For more details on platform approach see https://societalplatform.org/the-idea/the-approach/
- Catalyzing and driving reimagination in the FSM ecosystem by building a shared narrative that cuts across o key stakeholders, i.e., policy makers, civil society organizations and markets
- Catalyze a “scale’ market ecosystem of system integrators that will run multiple sanitation programs across India
- Enable the ecosystem to drive adoption at scale by creating knowledge assets, program advisory & hands-on training
- Institutionalize the shared digital infrastructure in a suitable public institution which has the locus standi and the capabilities to make it available at a national scale.
- Build a winning team to execute the mission (team size ~25), give the team direction and set the pace for successful completion of the mission.
- Represent eGov at Key Steering Committees and working groups in the government, key states and sector groups
- Manage the mission P&L and investor relations
Who are you?
- You are deeply motivated & have knowledge of solving hard to crack societal challenges with the stamina to see it all the way through.
- You can design a machine to orchestrate a mission and you are able to beat a drum that keeps multiple teams(both at eGov and outside) marching together in alignment.
- You are ruthlessly goal-oriented and composed under pressure.
- You have a strong organizational capability and are reliable and dependable. You are able to separate out the big deal stuff from the noise. You understand risk, interdependencies, and probabilities.
- You have a nose for out of syncs and resolve it decisively. You are able to synthesize and provide transparency and escalate effectively. Able to make 80/20 common sense cut through decisions.
- You are a people person – you are able to work with a wide range of people from technologists, to government employees at many levels, development partners, and System Integrators.
- We believe that you should have 15+ years of experience in delivering multiple programs at scale and some experience in working with the govt in tech-driven transformations. Prior knowledge of IFMIS and the Treasury system or exposure to the public sector, development sector, or consulting is desirable.
About eGov Foundation
eGov Foundation (https://egov.org.in) is a philanthropic mission to “Solve for Billion Indians” by enabling accessible, efficient & transparent public service delivery to all citizens in areas like sanitation, health, urban and public finance management. We are a collective of India’s brightest entrepreneurs, technologists and change-makers. Our work is organized across four impact missions :
Urban, Sanitation, Public Finance Management and Health
We currently work with 14 states and 5 countries. impacting the lives of more than 1 billion citizens with our work.
We are funded by Tata Trusts, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network India and Nilekani Philanthropies.
We offer several things that sets us apart from other opportunities:
- The possibility of having massive societal impact. Our products and platform touches the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
- Solving hard governance and societal challenges.
- Work directly with central and state government leaders and other dignitaries.
- Mentorship from world class people and rich ecosystems.
Read more about the work of eGovernments Foundation:
At eGovernments Foundation, we are committed to creating diversity, equity and inclusion. Therefore, we actively recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.