Website Language and Learning Foundation
Language and Learning Foundation (www.languageandlearningfoundation.org) is a New Delhi based non-profit organization with the vision of enhancing equitable student learning, especially language and literacy development, through professional development of teachers and teacher educators, building/sharing knowledge and implementing projects in collaboration with state governments. LLF currently works with 8 state governments across the country
About the Project
LLF has been running professional development courses and school level intervention programs on foundational literacy and numeracy for government teachers, teacher educators (SCERT & DIET faculty members) and academic resource personnel in all its partner states. These courses follow a blended learning model which has both online and offline learning components. In Numeracy, we are working on developing new professional development courses for teachers and teacher educators. In addition to this, we are implementing a pilot project in 50 schools in Chhattisgarh starting from 22-23.
Numeracy consultant will be working to support school intervention projects, professional development courses and FLN projects. He/she will be working closely with state teams and will report to Numeracy Expert, Central team.
● Coordinate numeracy activities of various projects under the guidance of Numeracy Expert/Associate Director, Academics.
● Coordinate with states for smooth implementation of numeracy projects and provide academic input on design, materials, assessment, etc.
● Develop designing curriculums for numeracy projects and develop children’s materials, teacher guides and training modules
● Develop training plans and facilitate workshops/trainings with internal and external teams
● Develop modules for capacity building of the LLF field team, teachers and academic support person like CRCs/CACs/BRPs/ABRCs
● Coordinate video development work on numeracy concepts by writing/reviewing, providing feedback on storyboard, voice over, etc.
● Contribute to the writing/creating and review of contents on foundational numeracy for blended and online courses for teachers and academic support persons
● Use creative, innovative, learner centered and evidence-based approaches in writing the course content and express complex information in a clear and precise manner.
● Find innovative designs for exercises and activities that enhance the learning process and creating assessments to measure achievement
● Contribute to the preparation of multimedia resources, like animated and classroombased videos (script writing), Podcasts, Video Based PPTs
● Attend and represent LLF in workshop and meetings organized by government/LLF team in different states
● Travel to LLF’s field locations for conducting school visits, trainings, workshops, meetings if required
● Any other work assigned by the supervisor will be also part of the JD
The candidate should have:
● Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the related field
● Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
● Experience of working in the domain of early numeracy for 3-5 years is required.
● Conceptual knowledge, Lesson and curriculum planning skills in Numeracy
● Developing workbooks, writing modules and guides for teachers
● Good Training knowledge and Facilitation Skill
● More specialized computer skills including competency in the use of the internet and the use of Microsoft office (word, excel and Powerpoint), Hindi typing skill is essential
● Has a good team spirit and positive attitude. Enjoys a varied pace of working and copes well under pressure.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude and open to feedback.
• The operating style suited to working in a small organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time
• Demonstrate good level of emotional stability, intelligence, & social & self -awareness
Competitive as per sector standards
How to apply:
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover-letter and CV, if interested. Please write “Application for Numeracy Expert” in the subject line of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com