Website Room To Read
Program Officer- IDTS position will be based at New Delhi, Country Office and report directly to the Sr. Program Manager – Instruction Design and Technical Support (IDTS). This position will involve frequent travel to field offices, as well as regular interaction with education officials, partners, school administrators, teachers and students.
Room to Read is a child organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of RtR’s Literacy program design
- Read and update oneself regarding the current national/international research in the field.
- Update oneself regarding the changing trends and any new national/state level policies etc, as announced by the government. Engage in discussions with the state teams regarding future opportunities.
- Update oneself regarding new programs/interventions of the like-minded organizations in states.
- Engage in discussions internally to explore opportunities for partnership, if any, including in states where RtR may not currently have presence.
- Contribute in preparation of conceptual notes, logical framework/results framework, operation manuals/guidance and related tool kits in local language.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the state Program Officers/Associates, Field level monitoring staff with respect to all aspects of the Literacy program/s.
- Interact regularly with state level government officials to explore opportunities for system integration
- Keep track of progress towards the agreed outcomes.
- Analyse data from reading assessments and library rating indicators to determine trends, if any and identify areas that need more focused attention. Review and revise program design, materials and training content accordingly
- Determine topics for research and further analysis, both at the local/field level as well as at the country level
- Regularly communicate with Operations/RM&E/Administration/ Finance/ HR teams at the CO and State levels to ensure smooth implementation of program activities
- Communicate with Global Office and other external stakeholders as needed
- Contribute to preparation of various reports, budget reviews, forecasts and documentation of good practices
- Contribute to contextualizing the Worldwide Implementation and Professional Development
- Modules and other documents/guidance are provided by the Global Professional Development and Technical Assistance team.
- Contribute in ideating effective EGL based strategies and supplementary material for instruction and library.
- Visit state programs and give necessary feedbacks to improve implementation on the field
- Develop training plan, growth frameworks, training content, trainer manuals and participant handbooks for both online and offline trainings planned for the teachers and head teachers.
- Contribute in designing of capacity building plans and resources for the internal staff and external stakeholders; as well as engage in both online/offline trainings.
- Coordinate with the consultants and give necessary feedback for creation of good quality content, both for children and for teacher professional development.
- Explore and ideate creation of new content, including edtech resources
- Facilitate translation of all training content, manuals and handbooks into local languages
- In phase out states develop plans for sustaining program interventions beyond RtR support; negotiate such plans with the respective state governments
- Define core areas of school support and monitoring for Library Coaches and Literacy Facilitators
- Develop/Refine the Facilitator Guides of professional development
- Participate actively on social media in all RtR campaigns
- Undertake any other work assigned from time to time to meet the technical needs of the organization .
- Graduate Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience of working in the area of Early Grade Literacy/Reading and School Libraries
- Awareness about language and reading practices and approaches
- Master’s in education / social sciences or equivalent preferred
- Experience of working in Multi-lingual context
- In-depth knowledge about language and reading practices and approaches, including national and international research on the same.
- Knowledge of existing Edtech resources available on multiple platforms
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Hindi and Marathi/Kannada/Telugu
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health insurance and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
Room to Read has zero tolerance when it comes to child abuse and exploitation and believes that all children have equal rights to protection. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the child protection policy, code of conduct and standards and will undergo rigorous reference and
background check through third party. Background check will include the verification of employment history and criminal check. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
India – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.