Website Room to Read
Position Overview :
Program Officer, IDTS position will be based at New Delhi, report directly to the technical specialist/Program Coordinator – Instruction Design and Teacher Support (IDTS). This position will involve frequent travel to field offices (Jharkhand, Delhi and Bihar), as well as regular interaction with education officials, partners, school administrators, teachers and students.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Support in Design state level Curriculum, FLN approach, Literacy Materials and TLM
- Develop a thorough understanding of RtR’s Literacy program design
- Contribute to develop of background note, operation manuals, vision document and logical framework/results framework for state around FLN.
- Support the state FLN PMUs in implementation of curricular materials, inclusive textbooks, pre-service & in-service teacher training plan.
- Facilitate action research with DIET faculties by identifying topics for research and further analysis
- Support content creation during campaigns
Contribute in Capacity Building of State and District Resource Groups on Literacy
- Contribute to state curricular group on FLN principles and approaches
- Build capacities of state teams, SRG, DRG and core groups at different level around FLN vision and approaches
- Support state teams in identifying pool of resource persons around literacy which is available to guide all FLN related technical work in the state
- Provide technical support in establishing a robust resource centers and mechanisms to functionalize them
Guide and Support Technical Team at PMU level
- Build capacity of state FLN PMUs on conducting trainings around Foundational Literacy
- Provide technical guidance to state FLN PMUs in developing monitoring indicators for education departments.
- Regularly communicate with other consortium members, Operations at the CO, and State levels to ensure smooth implementation of program activities.
- Contribute to preparation of various reports, activity forecasts, and documentation of good practices.
- Undertake any other work assigned from time to time to meet the technical needs of the organization
Qualification & Experience
- Master in education / social sciences or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge about language and reading practices and approaches, including national and international research on the same.
- Knowledge about early grade reading assessments
- Experience of having worked with program design and log frames will be an added advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills
India – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.