Website Room To Read
Primary responsibilities are tactical in nature includes leading the learning & Development and team support, employee engagement initiatives and Performance Management System. This position works in close collaboration with program and operations and other support functions. Other responsibilities include supporting Manager, People Operations with strategic planning and implementation of global initiatives such as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This position reports to the Manager, People Operations. The following duties are exemplary of the type of tasks that the incumbent may be assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Learning & Development:
- Creating training programmes that are aligned with the organisation’s objectives and having a strong understanding of what these are
- Acting as the go to within the business for anyone with questions or queries regarding training and development plans
- Working closely with various leaders across the organisation and having a full understanding of their units and training requirements
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Having an awareness of the allocated budget and an ability to find solutions in order to implement the required training
- Building relationships with 3rd party training providers
- Managing the development of the HR team from a training perspective
- Designing staple curriculums for all employees (i.e. values, culture, child protection, anti-sexual harassment, etc)
- Lead training that are to be done in-house.
- Work closely with supervisors to help them develop their team members through career pathing
- Lead the development and delivery of all initiatives/activities in timely and efficient ways
- Conduct timely surveys for appropriate feedback and present the finding to the management, this includes but not limited to Staff Satisfaction Survey and Great Place to Work study
- Ensure timely delivery of an effective orientation program to all new joiners
- Lead and organise Annual Retreat Reward and ensure proper successful delivery of Reward and Recognition Program.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of engagement initiatives and recommend changes/new initiates from time to time
- Track spending and ensure proper utilization of available budget
Performance Management System:
- Implementation of the performance management system by conducting various training sessions for employees, and supervisors on how to set smart goals, how to write effective reviews and give feedback.
- Communicate the important timelines to all staff and keep a constant follow up to ensure timely completion of various sub-processes.
- Train new employees on the Workday application of Performance Management System and resolve any technical glitches that employees may come across
- Compile data of annual ratings and provide input to the management before calibration meeting
- Analyse the competency assessment results to draw and effective development plan for employees
reviewing the application of the system continuously during the year and confirm the applicability of the annual plan and follow up the results of the application of the system for all departments.
- Represent the POSH committees of 3 states and conduct quarterly meeting with the IC members
SPOC Person for at least 3 states, proactively sense the issues that can emerge and resolve them before they are escalated.
- Lead implementation of global initiatives at country level such as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Be a part of the investigation committees that are established from time to time to deep dive into employee complaints and submit a detailed report to management
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of five (05) years of professional experience in into learning & Development and team support, employee engagement initiatives and Performance Management System.
- Ability to work within narrowly defined objectives under general supervision
- Ability to effectively address well defined problems of moderate complexity and complete moderately complex assignments.
- Generates tactical solutions that address the needs of various departments in the Country Office.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) and capability to relate and interact with multicultural teams and represent the organization in professional forums.
India – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.