Website The Apprentice Project (TAP)
About The Apprentice Project (TAP)
The Apprentice Project (TAP) is a for impact organization determined to transform Government / low income schools by offering holistic development of all children. At TAP, we use choice-based learning (Visual arts, Performing arts or STEM) to develop social-emotional skills. With this initiative, TAP aims to empower children from low-income schools to be leaders of today and tomorrow. The TAP core team (Co-founders and Leadership) comprises alumni from Harvard University, the Indian Institute of Management, and Teach for India.
The TAP Leadership team believes that all children irrespective of their background should get the skills and resources to realize who they are and achieve what they want to do. TAP is supported by Harvard University, IIM Bangalore, Nudge Foundation, Capgemini, Schlumberger, and others. In 2020-21 TAP, directly and indirectly, impacted 12000+ children across India through the online model.
Why work at TAP?
• Our goal is to develop children into future leaders by mentoring them in a subject they are passionate about. If this is a goal you relate to, why not make it your Ikigai?
• We teach our students to do what they love, and hope to encourage the same in our team by giving our staff autonomy in decision making, and encouraging activities for them to inculcate leadership skills.
• You will be part of a dynamic team that is data driven and passionate about finding new opportunities to upgrade their skills and research new tech-based solutions to impart leadership skills in students.
• You will be a part of the growing community of TAP’s highly-skilled staff and volunteer mentors from institutions/organizations like IIT, NID, FTII, Oracle, Citibank, Thermax, etc.
The Operations and Student Impact Team Lead will manage the ongoing execution of the TAP program effectively and strengthen the relationships with the stakeholders (school leadership, teachers, parents, etc.). They would plan and track processes, follow-up with multiple stakeholders, and share reports to ensure transparent communication.
Location : Pune/Mumbai/Delhi
Time Commitment : Full Time
Reporting to : Operations Manager
● Volunteer management, track availability in advance
● Manage >95% coverage of courses by following up with standby volunteers to confirm substitutes
● Support teachers in keeping the students engaged and self-learning
● Coordinate with the school to ensure students are doing activities consistently
● Manage the availability of resources through central procurement and distribution
● Enable the school to track inventory of materials given by TAP
● Research and implement technology tools to streamline/automate processes
● Plan and execute logistics for various TAP events like Hackathons, Induction, meet-ups, showcases, etc.
● Follow-up with school PoCs to track revenue through accountability fees (if applicable)
● Report program execution outputs and outcomes to school periodically
● Participate in regular observations of the program execution and share feedback with the program team
● Support Monitoring & Evaluation in data collection and analysis for measuring impact
● Coordinate with the school to implement a regular schedule of internal showcases
● Lead efforts to collect student and mentor feedback periodically
● Focus on a data-driven approach to analyze ongoing execution data and feedback to understand problems and address them
● Liaise with the Product team and implement changes to improve student engagement leading to higher student submission and course completion
Qualifications & Experience
● Graduate/Postgraduate in any field
● 10+ years of relevant full-time work experience across sectors, preferably in roles that required managing operations
● Experience of working with children and varied teams
● Managed relationships with multiple stakeholders
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Networking skills
● Detail orientation
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Proficient use of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
● Demonstrable ability to work with limited resources to achieve results
● Passionate about leadership skill-building in children
● Able to manage difficult situations.
The individual will receive the compensation at par with the sector benchmark for this position, aligned with the individual’s prior experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.