Website eGovernements Foundation
About the role
This role has a mandate to “Solve for Billion Indians” by architecting open National Platforms that enable accessible, efficient & transparent service delivery to ordinary citizens in areas like water, sanitation, health, urban and public finance management.
Roles and Responsibilities
Build the tech vision and strategy: The Architect must work with the CTO and other executives to implement the technology strategy of eGov.
Set design principles, create reference architectures and make key tech choices: The Architect will define the key architectural principles and reference architecture that helps the mission to deliver on its strategy and plans. In making these choices he/she will need to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders – citizens, communities, governments and market actors. He/she will also be responsible for keeping up to date with emerging technologies and making the choices on tech building blocks.
Based on the vision for the mission/program, and a clear understanding of the platform needs, the platform architect has to:
● Map out the components that will constitute platform solutions and how they are going to work together.
● Promote architectural and development best practices. Have the ability to do API design, DB design etc.
● Ensure projects are designed within approved architectural standards. Have deep knowledge of security concepts: various authentication, authorisation, auditing mechanisms; standards such as W3C and OWASP; ability to debug and identify performance issues.
● Lead design reviews (including service design) and implement best design principles.
● Provide technical leadership in all aspects of SDLC, including system analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
● Demonstrate the ability to bring in a fresh perspective; generate imaginative ideas and approaches.
Mentor tech talent: The Architect will mentor the top tech talent within the organisation. In addition he/she will leverage their networks to attract talent, organise hackathons and related tech events to get volunteers and ethical hackers to contribute to the mission.
Who you are
You are deeply motivated by designing and delivering stuff to users at scale and have the stamina to see it all the way through. You are curious and always seeking newer and better ways of solving problems. You are constantly reading about the latest tech, going to meetups and conferences. Also, you challenge your team-mates to read up on something new and try it out. Tinkering. Breaking toys to see how they work are qualities that you had as a kid. You can communicate effectively to diverse stakeholders and can build relationships both outside and within organisations. You are able to see the big picture and break down the tech vision to a design strategy. We know you are ruthlessly goal oriented, composed under pressure, reliable and dependable.
We believe that you are an engineer with:
● Experience in end-to-end design and development of complex, at scale platforms
● Ability to work with large teams, mentor and train developers
About eGov Foundation
eGov Foundation (https://egov.org.in) is a philanthropic mission to “Solve for Billion Indians” by enabling accessible, efficient & transparent public service delivery to all citizens in areas like sanitation, health, urban and public finance management. We are a collective of India’s brightest entrepreneurs, technologists and change-makers. Our work is organized across four impact missions :
Urban, Sanitation, Public Finance Management and Health
We currently work with 14 states and 5 countries. impacting the lives of more than 1 billion citizens with our work.
We are funded by Tata Trusts, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network India and Nilekani Philanthropies.
We offer several things that sets us apart from other opportunities:
- The possibility of having massive societal impact. Our products and platform touches the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
- Solving hard governance and societal challenges.
- Work directly with central and state government leaders and other dignitaries.
- Mentorship from world class people and rich ecosystems.
Read more about the work of eGovernments Foundation:
At eGovernments Foundation, we are committed to creating diversity, equity and inclusion. Therefore, we actively recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.