Website Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies
We are looking to expand our team!
Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies is a grant making organisation seeking to create and strengthen communities that work for their own betterment. We do this by supporting ground-breaking work that is anchored in networks and movements, and often sits at the intersection of Samaaj, Sarkaar and Bazaar. RNP operationalises its intent by making grants primarily in four big areas: Environment, Biodiversity and Conservation, Gender Equality, Active Citizenship and Access to Justice. Read more about our work [here]
As a member of this team you will support all functions across portfolios and have the opportunity to initiate new approaches and projects in alignment with the overall direction of the philanthropy. We are a lean and self-starting team, and believe that people do best when they are enabled to bring their own ways of thinking and being to their work. Our approach as a philanthropy is best captured in this interview with Rohini Nilekani.
We operate from a place of trust where every team member enjoys autonomy. Experimentation is encouraged with the understanding that each member will approach it with a sense of ownership and responsibility.
More specifically, the Portfolio Lead will be responsible for a few things:
● Engage with RNP partners regularly to better understand and support their work.
● Manage internal communication by preparing, reviewing and sharing reports within the team.
● Participate in field visits and support the building of better evaluations for the purpose of learning. [Read about our approach to “evaluations for learning” here]
● Design and execute parts of any event hosted by RNP: these will include meet ups at the portfolio level as well as gatherings at the philanthropy level.
● Work closely with the philanthropy team to design a steady output of communications collaterals that are anchored in seeing and learning – these would include opinion pieces, publications, videos, newsletter etc.
● Maintain grant related communication and support with timely processing of grants.
● Create internal systems for better knowledge management.
You should consider applying if you:
● Are interested in working on unstructured problems
● Have the ability to manage multiple work streams at the same time
● Have strong spoken and written communication skills
● Possess a Master’s degree (in any discipline) and 5-7 years of work experience
● Looking for a place to build a body of work over the next 3-5 years
Salary: a threshold compensation of INR 24 Lakhs
Apply by: 15th May, 2022
Please share your resume via email [email@example.com] with the subject “Application: Portfolio Lead”.
Please include links to any decks/PPTs you have made, websites you run, your social media handles, published works and other projects you have done that can be shared. If these are already part of your resume, you can omit them from the email. Else, please add them into the email.
If you have any queries, please write into firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com