Position: Associate Principal/Principal, Livelihood – Practice Area
Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Gurgaon and will involve travel to different parts of the country
Who are we – About Sattva
We are an organization driven by the mission to end poverty in our lifetime. Our work focuses on scalable solutions for sustainable social impact. We work with our clients – corporations, philanthropists, foundations, and social organizations – to achieve social impact goals effectively and maximize the social return on their investment. Deep understanding across sectors and collaboration with multiple stakeholders drive our work. This approach helps us, and our clients develop holistic solutions for solving critical societal problems. We are driven by impact and powered by knowledge. We bring the right balance of the head-heart-hand to our work. Our work is powered by the passionate energy of our mission-driven young team, guided by the strong leadership and advisory board with multi-dimensional experience in business and social sectors.
Our team of 400 (and growing rapidly) across offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi comes with stellar professional credentials from diverse backgrounds and is bound together by our common commitment to social impact.
We are hiring for a business leader to lead our Livelihoods Practice Area. The principal will be accountable for the overall success of the Livelihoods Practice across thought leadership, practitioner and influencer engagement, sales enablement and strategic advisory to Sattva’s clients.
Following are the key roles and responsibilities:
- Thought Leadership and Ecosystem Engagements
- Drive collaborations with Funders, thought leaders and experts, think tanks as well as implementing organisations to influence philanthropy, policy and business ecosystem
- Strengthen Sattva’s brand in the broader ecosystem by representing the organization in online and offline public forums, evangelizing our points of view
- Be a thought leader in Livelihoods, accountable for engaging with Government institutions, embody Sattva’s institutional position and further build upon our credibility and expertise
- Create knowledge assets, drive engagements and partnerships with the experts in the Livelihoods field
Sales and Delivery Enablement
- Oversee Practice Area advisory work, advise project teams and provide expert inputs to ensure high-quality project delivery
- Support client teams in Business Development and in facilitating key client meetings and decision-making workshops to ensure project outcomes are achieved
- Provide sound governance of all Livelihoods projects to ensure consistent predictability, profitability and quality
New Initiatives and Innovation
- Examine the ecosystem and generate new ideas as well as initiatives
- Capture trends, opportunities and come up with new projects relevant to the Livelihoods sector
- Be a key member of the Sattva leadership team, institute innovation towards the long-term growth of both the Practice Area and larger institution
- Build, structure and develop knowledge to share internally within the organization
Key qualifications and experiences
At Sattva, our goal is to realize the impact on the ground and drive a collective win by engaging with multiple stakeholders. We are looking for passionate individuals who align with our vision and have the following profile:
- 12-17 years of relevant experience (spanning the social impact ecosystem and private sector) in the Livelihoods space in leading large scale system transformation initiatives
- Strategic and Operational experience in Livelihoods and related industries
- Strong understanding of business, policy and implementation aspects of Livelihoods
- Experience in leading a business with P&L responsibilities, an entrepreneurial drive or leadership role in supply chain management interfacing Livelihoods-related stakeholders
- Prior experience in either consulting, working with Livelihoods interfacing non-profit, foundations or corporate is preferred
- Strong client engagement skills and working with senior leadership, the ability to influence decision making for high impact
- Strong business and industry insights, problem-solving in an ambiguous environment, presentation, interpersonal and English communication (oral and written) skills
We cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees and reinforce diversity in our workplace. All applications regardless of race, religion, caste, color, place of origin, gender, sexuality, disability, and age will be welcome and will be fairly evaluated as per the requirements of the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.sattva.co.in.