AVPN is a unique funders’ network committed to building a vibrant and high-impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative, and outcome-focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
We are looking for a Product Manager to oversee the delivery of projects within our product portfolio. The South Asia team will have a primary focus on India, but the role will also encompass Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Nepal for the delivery of Product and services for AVPN Members and Partners in the region. The nature of projects can vary on a case-to-case basis across sectoral themes, but will typically involve a blend of social investment landscape mapping and evidence building, strategic advisory for deployment/management of investment capital, ecosystem building via networks. The role will report to the Product Director and will work virtually with the AVPN team members based globally.
In this role, you will own the end-to-end delivery of projects by:
- Developing project plans for complex and multiyear initiatives, and nurture excellence in delivery via a multicultural team, ensuring cost control and timeliness.
- Identify and manage vendors and consultants where required to bring in relevant expertise as needed in the project.
- Build hypotheses, frame research methodologies and guide the team for data collection, primary and secondary research to create strong case reports.
- Convene experts, influencers and funders to build consensus and drive collective action via workshops, events and design-labs.
- Recommend investment actions supported by strong narratives and visuals in various forms including articles, presentations and multimedia.
- Manage and nurture AVPN members, grant-makers and external stakeholders.
- Ideally you bring the following to our team and the role:
- Educational requirements: Bachelors or a Masters degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing complex projects both short term and multiyear with external stakeholder management.
- Strong interest in social investment and the development sector, specifically South Asia.
- Experience in Public Health, WASH, Climate or Policy related work is a plus.
- General curiosity, optimism, entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative work ethics
- Track record of team building and management, in a diverse working culture.
- Strong written and spoken English with proficiency in MS Office (Word, PPT)
- Research and data mining/analysis skills with proficiency in Excel.
- Project Management tools like Asana, Trello, Salesforce etc.
- Native proficiency in one or more Asian languages is an advantage
Please apply through our application form. Due to the high volume of applications, we will only notify candidates who have been shortlisted.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.