Website Wadhwani Foundation
Mission: Accelerating economic development in emerging economies through high-value job creation Objectives: Enabling the creation of 10M jobs and placement of 25M by 2030 across 20-25 emerging economies.
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through the following Initiatives:
1. Wadhwani Advantage: Accelerating the growth of tens of thousands of SMEs by providing personalized, on-demand knowledge and consulting resources through an AI-enabled mobile platform to create millions of new jobs.
2. Wadhwani Entrepreneur: Inspiring, educating, and enabling Startup entrepreneurs
· Wadhwani Venture Fastrack: Maximizes success rates of early-stage startups with enhanced business traction and funding opportunities
· Wadhwani NEN: Empowers students with knowledge and skills through Courses and Startup Labs to create high-potential startups
· Wadhwani Inspire: Establishes a nationwide culture of entrepreneurship
3. Wadhwani Opportunity: Empowering millions of students with 21st century employability skills that drive family supporting wages.
4. Wadhwani AI (a partner program): A first-of-its-kind AI research institute in the world – a non-profit dedicated exclusively to applying AI for social good.
5. Wadhwani Catalyst: Invest in high quality entrepreneurs with scalable business models across emerging markets, with a focus in India. The fund will catalyse businesses across sectors, with the overall objective of accelerating economic development by creating livelihoods/ jobs.
6. Wadhwani Institute of Technology and Policy (WITP): Support government and civil society at large with the dual mission of – (1) Providing information, insights, and recommendations for the application of technology for policy making, policy implementation, and policy outcomes measurement. (2) Creating a Technology-focused Training Academy for upskilling policy makers, bureaucrats and technocrats with relevant technologies and the application of the same to their respective ministries and missions.
WF is a global not-for-profit, and works like a start-up, in a fast-moving, dynamic pace where change is the only constant and flexibility is the key to success.
Three mantras that we practice across job roles, levels, functions, programs and initiatives, are Quality, Speed, Scale, in that order.
We are an ambitious and inclusive organization, where everyone is encouraged to contribute and ideate. We are intensely and insanely focused on driving excellence in everything we do.
We want individuals with the drive for excellence, and passion to do whatever it takes to deliver world class outcomes to our beneficiaries. We set our own standards often more rigorous than what our beneficiaries demand, and we want individuals who love it this way.
We have a creative and highly energetic environment – one in which we look to each other to innovate new solutions not only for our beneficiaries but for ourselves too. Open to collaborate with a borderless mentality, often going beyond the hierarchy and siloed definitions of functional KRAs, are the individuals who will thrive in our environment.
This is a workplace where expertise is shared with colleagues around the globe. Individuals uncomfortable with change, constant innovation, and short learning cycles and those looking for stability and orderly working days may not find WF to be the right place for them.
Finally, we want individuals who want to do greater good for the society leveraging their area of expertise, skills and experience.
The foundation is an equal opportunity firm with no bias towards gender, race, colour, ethnicity, country, language, age and any other dimension that comes in the way of progress.
Join us and be a part of us!
The Role Context: Organization is focused on building mobile first consumer internet products in EdTech, entrepreneurship learning, 21st century skilling, and start-up and SME ecosystem support space. It offers an exciting opportunity to work with a great team in a startup environment, learn, grow and create long term impact in emerging markets globally.
- Build mobile first consumer internet products in 21st century skilling and vocational learning & Placements
- Build online counselling and learning products catering to the needs of high school qualified and/or vocationally trained jobseekers, enabling them to get upskilled & better placed
- Build online learning products for helping bureaucrats
- Driving roadmap and priortization using outcomes
- Understand user needs, study competitive offerings & define a differentiated proposition
- Convert user journeys into detailed user cases & product requirements for internal consumption
- Work with UX/VX designers in mocking wireframes & visuals for web and mobile interfaces
- Work with engineering on clarifying requirements, prioritization, managing product backlog
- Work with engineering on product architecture and design, sprint planning, track build progress
- Define success metrics, plan for user acceptance, product dial up and go live
- Monitor and stabilize product post launch, track key metrics and drive user adoption at scale
- Seek user feedback and identify enhancements for subsequent build cycles on regular basis
Skills & Experience:
- B.Tech + MBA preferred
- 8+ yrs. of work ex with at least 3 yrs. in Product Management with consumer internet products
- Past experience in EdTech specifically focused on skills training through high schools, colleges, vocational institutes and/or through fully online model a must
- Has worked across the mobile web & app product lifecycle from concept to launch & adoption
- Has detailed user journeys into user roles, user cases and product requirements
- Comfortable making low-fi wireframes using Figma
- Has worked with UX researchers conducting user surveys & close looping user feedback
- Has worked with UX/VX designers in mocking wireframes & visuals for web and mobile
- Has worked closely with engineering in defining requirements, prioritization, sprint planning
- Comfortable deep diving with engineering in tech architecture, design and scoping discussions
- Past experience in software development, technical program management desirable
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, startup environment with tight deadlines
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ex-entrepreneur or startup experience desirable
- Past experience in EdTech specifically focused on skills training through high schools, colleges, vocational institutes and/or through fully online model preferred
To apply for this job please visit careers.wfglobal.org.