Website Plan India
Job title: Program Associate – Health
Reporting: Project Lead
Contract Duration: Till 30th June 2023
Level Of Contact With Children: 02 – Sporadic or Occasional contact with Children The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India’s Child Protection & Gender Equality Policies
ABOUT PLAN INDIA
Plan India is a nationally registered not-for-profit organisation striving to advance children’s rights and equality for girls, thus creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children and their communities. Since 1979, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children and young people by enabling them access to protection, quality education and healthcare services, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives. Plan India currently works directly with communities, government, donors and other civil society members and groups in 14 states across 19,000+ communities in 5,500 villages/ slums and has touched the lives of 1.9+ million children, out of which over a million are girls. Plan India is a member of the Plan International Federation, an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is actively working in more than 70 countries.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Program Associate – Health who would be working closely with the respective field team, stakeholders and line departments at district level towards facilitating and achieving the project outcomes and impacting lives of girls and young women.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Plan India intends to implement a project on Adolescent Health Programme (AHP) in Sponsorship locations of Delhi to make positive behaviors change in lives of adolescent girls and young women through a gender transformative approach and encouraging involvement of men, community, government and other key stakeholders.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be responsible for the overall field implementation of project & will provide oversight for qualitative and timely project delivery as per standards, processes and in compliance with work plan. This position would be responsible for supervising and supporting field team of Samgrah Bal Vikas Mitra (SBVM) towards activity completion.
- Develop project implementation plans and metrics in line with approved frameworks,
- Build Capacities of program field staffs & other stakeholders for quality deployment of project activities.
- Ensuring on ground quality execution of all project activities as per timelines & work plans,
- Development of program/resource materials and field roll out,
- Building relationship and establish coordination with district and block govt. officials (Health & Family Welfare, Education & Drinking water & Sanitation dept) for project activities & involvement,
- Program & Financial Management for proper work plan adherence and fund utilization,
- Developing & maintain the monitoring framework for the monthly/quarterly/annual reviews and reporting as per need and prescribed format,
- On site monitoring and supervision of field team and related reporting & documentation,
Project reporting’s, documentation as per reporting frames and prescribed format, anchoring field base line and end lines,
- Monitor cash flows, monitor budget allocations, disbursements and highlights deviation for prior approval in coordination with account coordinator,
- Coordinate & Support procurement related processes with Admin team, ensure timely payments in coordination with the account coordinator,
- Support Project lead /state lead for preparation reports, tracking of grants expenses for internal review, and donor submissions.
QUALIFICATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Rural Development, Management,
- At least five years of professional experience in working on health with special focus on Sexual Health & Reproductive Rights (SRHR) & WASH, gender, and a strong understanding of menstrual hygiene,
Management Key Skills Required:
- Strong project management skills,
- Good facilitation, training skills,
- Hindi typing skills,
- Well-versed with computer applications – MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint Presentation,
- Excellent verbal & written skills in English & Hindi
Travel Requirements: 60%
The Contract will be initially for one year from the date of recruitment and signing the Contract.
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your updated resume along with a suitability note (single Word document only) for the “Project Associate – Health” position at email@example.com. Please mention “Project Associate – Health” in the subject line. The last for sending applications is 13th August 2022. Please mention your current salary and expectations along with your applications. Applications without this information will not be accepted.
Considering the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by HR Team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org