Website Quest Alliance
At Quest Alliance we transform learning ecosystems through education technology, capacity building, and collaboration to build 21st-century skills for learners and facilitators
We are a not-for-proﬁt trust that focuses on research-led innovation and advocacy in the ﬁeld of teaching and learning. We engage with educators, civil society, government institutions and corporate organizations to demonstrate and enable scalable and replicable solutions in school education and vocational training
At Quest you will get the opportunity to apply your skills and contribute to addressing issues around quality education and skills training. The organization gives you the space to learn and grow in a fun and engaging environment. We have an eclectic group of people working at Quest drawn from diverse disciplines including Education, Technology, Design, Youth Development and Business.
About the Secondary Schools Program
Quest Alliance has been working in the secondary school for the past few years. The program was initiated in 2015 with 4 schools. It scaled to 10 states in 2019 with the goal to reach out to 200,000 adolescent girls by the end of three years. The program will work with 8 to 10 implementing partners across 1000 government schools.
About the Role
QUEST Alliance has been working with the secondary schools across 9 states in India implementing the IBM STEM For Girls programme. The programme focussed on developing 21st century skills and STEM Mindset among the adolescent girls and support them in carving a journey to continue education beyond secondary grades but also to take up a career in STEM field.
In the state of Odisha QUEST Alliance has been implementing the programme directly and also through partnership with other civil society organizations. Over the next three years the programme aims to build the capacity of 20,000 teachers to transform as 21st century educators and reach out to over 16,50,000 learners across the state. It also aims to build Model learning spaces for the department to scale it up.
As Programme Associate you will be primarily responsible for supporting execution of the Mastercoach for teachers, 21st century educator course in the state of Odisha. You will support in designing and facilitating webinars, reviewing the assignments from teachers, support the education specialist in building and running the COP and Recognition strategy. Following are the detail responsibilities: –
- Lead in development of cohort, on-boarding of teachers in the App and WhatsApp groups
- Ensure timely submission of baseline form filled in by the teachers
- Support in organising and facilitating the orientation of teachers for on-boarding in the Mastercoach for teachers course
- Review the assignment being submitted by teachers on an on-going basis and suggest actions to the district facilitators.
- Work closely with the district facilitators in designing the support and follow up strategy for the teachers to be able to complete the course
- Support education specialists in organising and facilitating the fortnightly webinars
- Ensure that the whatsApp strategy is being followed and teachers are being engaged
- Identify champions from the WhatsApp groups and Webinars to lead to formation of community of practice
- Hold the recognition strategy and ensure that the good practices are being share timely on various platforms
- Support potential teachers for application to various awards in the state, national and international level
- Support in translation of content as per the local language needs
- Support in development of new content in order to contextualise the course
- Hold the taskforce with members from QUEST & Partners in order to facilitate support for the teachers
Required skills and experience
- A Graduate/Postgraduate degree in any discipline (preferably social work, development, education, gender studies, rural development)
- 1-2 years of work experience preferably in the Education sector
- Proven ability to network and establish collaborative relationships with a variety of actors, including Education department
- Willingness to travel extensively
- A strong personal commitment to the values of Quest Alliance
Preferred skills and Experience:
- Loves technology, any sort of direct work on ed tech projects
- Have previous experience of working on tech related work
To apply for this job please visit questalliance.zohorecruit.com.