We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media, and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 700+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity, and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners, and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
You are a global development leader, and you thrive tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy working in high-performing teams and engaging deeply with the decision makers and on-ground change makers and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You have rich experience of working on the ground with the community and delivering the impact. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading consultancy firm or at a well-known social impact organization, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our Program Consultants live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical Qualifications for a Program Consultant:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Public Administration, Policy, International Relations, Development, Social Entrepreneurship, Social Sciences, Economics, Education or any related fields with an excellent academic record
- Master’s degree in the above areas will be a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a leading consultancy and a ‘top performer’ throughout tenure, or a top social impact organization as an associate or at a role where strong problem-solving, facilitating impact-focused accelerator/incubators with partners and clear communication is essential
- Candidates who have been fellows at leading fellowships are encouraged to apply
- Experience of managing multiple workstreams in a program, driving performance and stakeholder management with on-ground partners and clients, and setting up and operationalizing strong project management systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education, or the environment
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and / or private sector
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills, proficiency with other local languages a plus
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Program Consultants play a significant role in driving the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for our clients. They lead problem solving and execution for our projects, by engaging deeply with the on-ground stakeholders including the community, partners and our clients. They serve as key contacts for specific workstreams within a project, and independently manage and ensure the quality of project work. They also report progress to the managers and project directors and seek guidance from them. Program Consultants at Dalberg are experts in project management, they can set up and follow processes which lead to efficient delivery of projects. In some projects they have also co-led the design and implementation of on-ground pilots. Not only do Program Consultants work closely with their managers, but they are also tasked with gaining trust and credibility by working directly with clients and change-makers. As a recent example our Program Consultants are working with a large government organization to design and execute an equity-free 4-month accelerator program for the world’s most promising technology and sustainability startups or pre-scaleups that can power the travel and tourism industry.
As a Program Consultant on the Innovation team, you will help our various clients with conceptualizing, designing and running end-to-end innovation and capacity building programs such as (but not limited to) fellowships, accelerators, open innovation challenges and pilot programs. The role will lead on the management and delivery of current and future programs, in a high-paced environment, ideal for candidates hungry to learn by doing, leveraging networks and managing complex multi-stakeholder environments.
- Have a strong understanding of the social innovation and entrepreneurship landscape in the Global South – know key players, competitors, strategic accounts, trends and opportunities and understand each player’s contribution to the ecosystem
- Plan and execute innovation and capacity building programs with excellence by curating the right subject matter experts, mentors, workshop leaders and speakers to bring breadth and depth to our methodologies, and together with the team, continually develop new ones
- Create operating plans and budget oversight to ensure that the program runs smoothly, efficiently, achieving goals and targets
- Facilitate and drive all necessary program processes, documentation and administration to ensure a high level of compliance and assure scalability
- Responsible for the recruitment process of individuals, social entrepreneurs, startups and scaleups into these programs- locally, regionally or globally by working with our partner networks
- Able to use insights-based interviewing methodologies to interview and frame problem statements of clients and stakeholders; as well as assist our startups in overcoming their challenges
- Manage all stakeholder communication during the delivery of the program
- Responsible for all post-program feedback and reports to ensure continuous improvement of the delivery of our programs
- Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff are empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower consultants to learn by doing, engaging them as core members of project teams from day one.
Typically, Program Consultants spend three to four years in the role before becoming Project Managers.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Mumbai, New Delhi, and Singapore.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 EST on August 21, 2022. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, tell us why you are excited to explore this opportunity. Please note that the cover letter is a pre-requisite and applications without the same will be auto eliminated. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application in case there are openings in other offices.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for several interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Owing to the large number of applications we receive; unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com.