Website Indian School of Democracy
Role of Program Lead
As an organisation our theory of change is to nurture young political leadership through our flagship programs – Democracy Express, She Represents and The Good Politician and our deeper constituency level work called ‘ Sarvodaya Champions’ ( which will start in July 2021). . We also hope to start some more online and weekend programs. Each program is carefully designed and curated to meet the needs of our target audiences. For ISD these programs and the quality of learning we provide are extremely important for us and they build the identity we carry. Our programs are non-partisan and invite a politically and demographically diverse audience. Beyond in-house sessions and content, we also invite expert practitioners, politicians and academics to provide depth and rigour in all our programs.
As an organisation ISD wants to build a strong team while ensuring team’s personal growth. At this point, we need someone who is ready to commit 5-10 years in this role, to build the institution.
In your role as Program Lead, you will work on:
Program Design, Research & Facilitation
● You will lead a 2-3 member, and growing team for the flagship program ( The Good Politician)
● Oversee selection process for all the programs
● Bring your political expertise for program design and implementation
● Lead and oversee creation and execution of technical and process based session design and planning
● Small group and large group facilitation (online and offline)
● 1-1 coaching to participants
● Build capacity of the team for coaching and mentoring political aspirants
● Create learning for different kinds of political audiences, both in English and Hindi
● Building partnerships and managing external faculty, other organisations etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
● Masters’ degree in political science, policy or a relevant field
● Atleast 8-9 years of full-time professional experience
● Extensive experience working with politicians and political workers This is a must for the position
● Prior experience in program design, curriculum and session planning
● Atleast 5+ years of experience in leading a program team
● Education and experience in theory and practice of adult learning and leadership development
● Extensive experience in small group and large group facilitation
● Strong communication skills in English & Hindi, one more Indian language will be an added benefit
● Attention to detail, process orientation and working in uncertainty
● Conscientious, disciplined, committed to rigour in all aspects of work
● Entrepreneurial, frugal with the ability to give and receive feedback
● Ability and willingness to work with people from across the political spectrum
Location: Based in New Delhi
Compensation: Remuneration will be based on competency and we will be building ISD together. Salary range for this role will be 12-13 lakhs per annum to begin with. We are hoping you grow with the organization, and we will revise salaries as we grow.
Application Process: To apply, please fill the form below to help us get to know you better. Note that you will need a gmail id to apply.
If you would like to know more about the role and want to have a conversation, please send your CV and questions to email@example.com
If shortlisted, there will be pre-work, followed by two interviews, a day at the ISD office and space for co-creation. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Selection process can take up to 3-4 weeks to complete. Expected start date is August or September 2022, but we are flexible with that.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.