Website Key Education Foundation
Key Education Foundation is a not-for-profit company that works to improve the quality of Early Childhood Education for children from low-income communities.
Our mission is to ensure age-appropriate, holistic development of 3-6-year old children such that they are school ready before they enter 1st grade. We currently work with 45+ low-fee private schools and also work with the Government of Karnataka in enriching pre-primary education in 22 schools.
About the Role
At KEF, we believe that play based learning activities conducted in a safe environment by a safe adult during early childhood are the best way to ensure long lasting mind and body development for a child.
We have initiated a project with the SSA, Government of Karnataka to implement high quality pre-primary classrooms in 20 selected government schools in Anekal Block, Bengaluru. This is a high-touch intervention where we will set up 40 LKG and UKG classrooms, support teacher training, coaching and parent engagement to create a block level model of excellence for the State.
Role: Program Manager
Type: Full time
Location: Bangalore [Anekal]
Reporting to: Program Lead, Government
Remuneration: 3.5 to 5 lakhs per annum
Date of joining: 15th April 2022
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Manage the program implementation in partner schools:
● Be the point of contact for the EPPE program in 10 schools
● Visit each school at least twice in a month to monitor the program at a school level.
● Hire, train and coach teachers regularly as per the frameworks defined.
● Conduct parent engagement sessions and provide effective feedback to the team on the parent engagement efforts.
● Collect,record and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of the program and create required documents.
● Provide feedback to the Program lead and the product team on tasks to strengthen the program.
● Additional need based responsibilities may include – translation, creating content for teacher training, collecting on ground videos/content/evidence of impact etc.
● Work closely with the panchayats and the SDMCs to sustain the student enrollments
● Audit the infrastructure requirements and coordinate the infrastructure work in the assigned schools.
We are looking for someone who is:
● Passionate about early childhood education
● Values collaboration and works well in teams
● Enjoys experimenting, values learning and feedback
● Enjoys travelling to schools across the city
Essential Knowledge and Skills
● Comfortable in communicating and building relationships with different stakeholders
● Excellent written and spoken communication in English & Kannada
● Knowledge of the education ecosystem
● Ability to build and sustain work relationships with the stakeholders.
● MS excel – basic knowledge is ideal.
Qualification and Experience
● Graduate degree
● Minimum 1-2 years of experience in the education sector preferably with at least 1-year experience working as a teacher
What we offer
● Impact visibility: See the impact of your work in ensuring quality early childhood education for young children in India
● Opportunity: Innovate, experiment and implement solutions. Learn and grow as a professional in the space
● Community: A safe space of committed individuals for every conversation that you want to have
● Agency: Contribute your voice and ideas as a key member of the organisation
Candidates with own mode of transportation and place of residence/ready to move in and around Anekal will be given priority
How to apply
Send an email with your CV and a brief cover letter on why you are interested in this role. Mail your application/queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to you within 1 week of receiving your application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com