Sambodhi Research and Communications Pvt Ltd., provides evidence-based insights to seed and catalyse scalable social impact. Our research, data, strategy consulting, monitoring, and evaluation solutions, supports implementors, governments, foundations, and donors in the design and execution of programmes and policies that improve the lives of people and the planet. We are domain agnostic and work across a spectrum of areas including public health, WASH, natural resource management, energy, climate change, education, skilling and entrepreneurship.
We are measurement experts with a flair for innovation and improvisation. Over the last fifteen years we have emerged as a pioneer in developing and using cutting-edge methodologies and advanced data tools to enable decision-making and adaptive programming. A team of 100 professionals, we work across South Asia, South East Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Headquartered at Noida (Delhi – National Capital Region), India, we have full service regional offices in Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and Dar-e-Salam (Tanzania).
Sambodhi offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to contribute to high quality multi-input development programmes, and work closely with governments, key development actors (such as the World Bank, UN, and bilateral agencies), national and international not-for-profits, and philanthropies (such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation). Being one of the largest and leading Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) providers in South Asia, Sambodhi offers an extraordinary platform to learn, innovate and mentor. Driven by the deep-rooted wisdom of “Equity in Knowledge” (Sambodhi), ‘learning’ is integral to our work; be it investing in peer driven intensive professional development within Sambodhi or field building on MERL globally. In line with this, it offers an enabling environment for professionals to write, publish and network; to locate themselves in the contemporary discourse on MERL and be a part of the global think-tank community.
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Noida
We are looking for a high-caliber Manager who will be the voice of Sambodhi’s new-age data initiatives and take ownership of maintaining and growing them.
Reporting to the Director at Sambodhi, you will work closely with him to design strategies and contribute to identifying and developing business opportunities and partnerships.
You will gain valuable experience and develop a broad skill set through your on-the-job responsibilities, specifically:
· Fluency in Sambodhi’s data products and solutions: Become knowledgeable in our service offerings, deeply understand the user interfaces and data, and translate that knowledge to our clients and partners.
· Insights Discovery and Story Telling: Deliver data-driven insights and recommendations.
· Internal Collaboration: Partner with research and content teams to provide a positive client experience that promotes partnership growth.
These are the following roles and responsibilities:
· Proactively look for opportunities from a variety of forums and across business categories
· Draft, conceptualize and share proposals and concept notes with prospective clients and partners
· Work with clients throughout the entire data product cycle
· Establish and maintain a volume of activity with the Director and the research and content teams
· Meet prospective clients for presentations and actively organize speaking opportunities
· Collaborate with internal technical teams to resolve complex problems
· Be the product expert and part of the outreach team, running the demonstrations to articulate the power of our data products and solutions and improving our closing rates
· Contribute ideas for case studies and stories that will inform the public and clients about our data initiatives
· Draft press releases, thought pieces, and statements to generate positive press coverage
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
· Master’s degree in Social Sciences, PhD is a plus
· 1-5 years’ experience working in a client-facing role, with a track record of building positive and lasting relationships with clients and partners.
· Excellent written, oral, and electronic communication skills with the ability to craft a persuasive narrative (We need someone with a clear and concise writing style and experience in creating different forms of content such as press releases, thought pieces, statements, etc.)
· Must be able to demonstrate the data products to a very high standard and be proficient in showcasing our offerings
· Intellectually curious, with a strong interest in solving problems with data and storytelling
· Uncompromising attention to detail
· Exceptional presentation and overall communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and capacity to prioritize
· Gravitas and the ability to ‘hold a room’ when dealing with high-value clients and stakeholders
· Ability to uncover and articulate insights from data that align with our client goals and needs
· Experience in converting data into stories
· International exposure in data analytics or research
Sambodhi focuses on nurturing an inclusive work environment. We stress and reinforce diversity in our workplace. We welcome all applications regardless of race, religion, caste, place of origin, gender, sexuality, and disability.
Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
If you have a portfolio or sample work to highlight your skills, please include it with your submission.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org