Website Central Square Foundation
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. CSF has a mission focused on ensuring high-quality foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN) for all children in India. To achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education and build the capacity of the government to drive systemic impact. To know more about us and our work, visit www.centralsquarefoundation.org.
About the PNI team
To drive FLN outcomes across the country, CSF establishes strong partnerships with key players within the development sector. These include non-profits, social enterprises, donors, consultants, other enablers etc. The Partnerships & New Initiatives team envisions, designs, builds and nurtures a variety of projects in collaboration with a host of different stakeholders. The team also acts as an in-house incubator for new initiatives and issue areas, and also works closely with the Managing Directors on projects of key strategic significance at an organizational level (including fundraising and donor relationships).
One of the key projects for the PNI team is to create and operationalise a multi-faceted strategy to ensure quality Early Childhood Education (ECE) for all children in India, building on the momentum generated by the National Education Policy (NEP), 2020. The Project Manager (ECE) will work closely with state governments and technical partners to design holistic ECE programs. This includes synthesizing research from India and abroad to form a strong point of view on elements of a successful ECE program.
- Curriculum and instructional design: Support the state governments/technical partners in designing/quality assuring curricular and instructional materials for the state such as learning progression, lesson plans, student worksheets, teacher guides, teacher training modules.
- Assessment and monitoring design: Support the state governments/technical partners in developing assessment and monitoring tools for ECE classrooms such as assessment banks, classroom observation tools.
- Capacity building: Support the capacity building of state academic officials to review and develop curricular and instructional material for ECE, design training plans for various levels of stakeholders & conduct continuous professional development workshops in multiple formats and monitor progress on goals.
- Implementation quality: Regularly observe classrooms, participate in government meetings to gather data on program implementation, and create qualitative reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Stakeholder management: Coordinate with government state academic team and field teams on regular basis to drive project outputs
Required skills and qualifications:
- Strong academic background with a specialization in early childhood education (ECE) from leading Indian/International academic institutions
- Teaching qualifications, certifications or fellowships such as Diploma in ECCE./TFI/CENTA will be preferred
- Teaching experience children in the early childhood (3-6 years) age group (Experience in teaching in a government or low cost private school setting is preferred)
- Curriculum development & instructional design experience (for ECE) including designing
- Learning Outcome progressions, Lesson Plans/Teacher Guides, Teaching and Learning aids, Worksheets
- Experience in designing and delivering training, coaching, program implementation & capacity building programs for teachers and teacher coaches/administrators especially in mainstream/low-skill context
- Maturity to engage, collaborate and influence experienced government stakeholders and technical specialists in partner organizations
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
To apply for this job please visit tcf.kekahire.com.