Website Restless Development India
Job title – Programme Officer
Location – Munger, Bihar
● Basic Annual Salary Rs. 5,79,979/-
● Employer PF contribution: 12% of basic salary and House Rent Allowance 4% of basic salary
Mobile phone bill reimbursement, health insurance for self & dependents and gratuity benefits, etc. as per the policy of the organization.
TDS will be applicable as per law.
This is the current basic salary for this position. New Salary revision is under process and likely chance to applicable w.e.f 1st Oct’22
Preferred start date October 2022
Length of Contract
3rd October 2022 to 30th September 2023
(Strong possibility of extension)
Reports to – Programme Coordinator
Direct reports – Youth Facilitators/ Volunteers/ Field Team
Local and National Travel – Frequent Travel to areas where the programme will take place (In & outside Munger district including the intervention blocks); travel to New Delhi or other city for Quarterly/ Annual Staff workshops as part of Restless Development.
You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
For more information on Restless Development’s mission, values and work, please visit: www.restlessdevelopment.org.
1. Programme Delivery & Implementation (70%)
● To ensure effective delivery of programme by Volunteers and the Field team
● Support in programme implementation in and building relationships with intervention schools and communities in Munger district.
● To manage, monitor and provide supportive supervision to the Volunteers on the field and during training.
● Setting programme specific targets for the Youth Facilitators, Field Executive and Trainers to ensure their task is evenly distributed
● Making regular fortnightly field visits to each placement, analyse the work and provide constructive feedback to the Field team.
● Helping Programme Executive, Youth Facilitators, Volunteers to run and organize in-school/ community/ other events as and when required
● Ensuring that the Field team meets their programme targets and provides them support
● Lead on organizing logistics for accommodation and travel of field team and project staff
● Submitting field visit reports and monthly reports to the Line Manager and ensure effective communication between Programme staff and the Field team including volunteers
● Representing the position of the programme team, and Restless Development in general, to stakeholders and other organizations in the field.
● To support the planning and implementation of all Restless Development programmes in the region and submit timely programmatic reports.
● Train the field team on Restless Development Safeguarding Policy quarterly.
● Working closely with the Line Manager in setting meetings with partners or attending events.
● Develop a detailed project work plan and timetable for delivery of the assigned projects.
● Reviewing and providing feedback on the translation of the modules and necessary materials in the regional language.
● Be part of the quarterly staff meeting and annual planning process by sharing experiences and contributing to decision making.
2. Partnership & Networking (15%)
● Sensitizing the communities and relevant stakeholders about the organization and its programmes relating to various social issues.
● Liaison with the Partners, Government Departments and Community Leaders and keeping them abreast about the programme through regular meetings and reporting.
● To network and build relationships with relevant partners and establish operational linkage with partners/ like-minded organizations.
● Assisting in building relationships with government departments at district and state level.
● Assist in organizing donor visits in the field.
● Ensuring that the alliance partners are updated with the programme strategy and plans periodically and involving them in the meeting and community gatherings, wherever necessary.
3. Finance & Budget (10%)
● Managing Munger Field Office including Finance Management.
● Ensuring that all of the Restless Development guidelines surrounding the handling of monthly floats are strictly adhered to.
● Timely submission of monthly bills; proper documented spending to be ensured.
● Working with the Line Manager to ensure that all of programme funds are used as per the organizational guidelines and the assets are used and accounted for properly.
4. Other (5%)
● Ensure recording of data on MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) forms by the field team comprising Youth Facilitators, Trainers, Programme/ Field Executive etc.
● Lead in organizing the respondents for data collection for MEL needs.
● Assist MEL unit in data collection including baseline, pre and post-tests, aspiration mapping surveys etc.
● Any other work assigned by the organisation from time to time.
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
Values Behaviours What we expect of the Programme Officer
- Supports managers to embed a values led culture within their team.
- Uses values to guide decision making and group actions.
- Is driven to generate ideas which continually improve ways of working, involving others in problem solving. Adapts style to cope with and support others through change.
- Strives for continual improvement against individual goals, seeking opportunities to maximise their contribution to team priorities.
- Supports others to deliver quality and improve their work. Takes ownership for ensuring value-for-money in the areas for which they take partial ownership.
- With guidance, takes ownership for programme elements and/or internal processes. Considers underlying issues and Restless Values when making operational decisions.
- Confidently leads programme elements and/or internal processes.
- Will typically manage one or more junior staff members and is seen as a leader amongst their peers.
- Regularly seeks feedback and evaluates own performance, creating opportunities for personal development. Develops others through
- proactive sharing of knowledge, skills and opportunities.
- Confidently adapts their communication style to suit their audience.
- Is able to influence others to build shared understanding.
- Seeks opportunities to collaboratively deliver quality against team goals by building strong relationships with colleagues from across the organisation. Works with external partners to maximise mutual benefits
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Passion to work with young people
● Degree in Development Studies/ Social Work/ Rural Development/ any other relevant field of study
● Minimum of 1 year experience in the development sector
● Excellent IT skills including MS office
● Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi
● Willingness to travel extensively (following COVID appropriate protocols) to monitor the programme, support the Programme Coordinator in effective monitoring of the programme and occasionally work during the weekends (time off in lieu can be taken)
● Skilled to conduct in- house trainings (knowledge of Child Rights, SRHR, Gender, Technology is essential)
● Team Player
● Experience in network coordination, supporting alliances and coalitions
● Experience in supporting young people to advocate through campaigning or high-level influencing
● Previous work experience in child rights, community development, youth development and related field
● A clear understanding of contemporary development issues
● Experience in handling budgets
● Experience in delivering trainings
● Experience in using technology for social change
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of
the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations. In addition to salary, we offer pension contributions or housing allowances and flexible working.
Values and Culture
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, young leaders, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
It goes without saying that we work hard at Restless Development. We also recognise the importance of helping staff to maintain a positive work-life balance by offering:
● 24 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days).
● Birthday Leave
● Access to flexible working.
● Generous study leave, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, and other leave allowances.
Restless Development is proud to be an employer who recognises potential and invests in the development of its staff. We are committed to the professional development of our staff through:
● Empowering opportunities to work on significant projects which stretch and inspire staff – allowing them to develop on-the-job.
● Regular performance management.
● Training and development opportunities, including supporting our staff to identify mentors both within and outside of the agency.
● Quarterly Staff Workshops for all staff to give and receive agency updates, receive training, and socialise.
● Please send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31 st
, 2022. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or cover letters.
● Interviews are scheduled to take place during the month of September’ 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com