Website Dakshin Foundation
Positions: Programme Associate and Senior Programme Associate – SeaChange (Andaman Islands)
Number of vacancies: Two
Duration: Long-term position with a 6 months probationary period
Position details: The position involves working with the SeaChange team in Andaman & Islands.
Dakshin’s SeaChange initiative facilitates collective action involving communities, government and civil society to sustainably use coastal and marine resources. It enables fishing communities to claim development rights and conserve resources crucial for their wellbeing.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to work with the SeaChange site team for on-ground implementation of SeaChange interventions in Andaman, including but not limited to:
• Working closely with the SeaChange site coordinator and SeaChange team including field staff in Andaman for planning and execution of the SeaChange initiative
• Liaising with stakeholders (including community leaders, fishers, local organizations, government officials) and building partnerships for improving wellbeing and sustainability of resources
• Convening meetings with the community leaders, members, officials at regular intervals
• Conducting trainings for community resource persons, youth from coastal communities
• Undertaking action research and documentation for informing interventions as well as for monitoring and evaluation
• Maintaining and analyzing data, report writing and fulfilling other reporting requirements
Candidates must possess the following basic qualifications/skills:
• For the role of Programme Associate- a Master’s degree in Natural resource management, rural/community development, sustainability studies/development studies or Bachelor’s degree in related fields with 1-4 years of relevant experience.
• For the role of Senior Programme Associate- a Master’s degree in Natural resource management, rural/community development, sustainability studies/development studies or related fields with 4-7 years of relevant experience.
• Prior experience in working with rural communities on development and environmental issues. Experience of working with coastal and fishing communities will be an added advantage.
• Ability to speak Hindi is a must. Additionally, knowledge of Bengali/Telugu/Karen will be great.
• Ability to stay and adjust in a rural field site for a long duration.
• Ability to independently organise meetings and undertake coordination of field logistics.
• Two wheeler driving experience will be an added advantage.
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with internal policies and applicant’s experience.
How to apply: Please email your interest in applying for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for position of PA/SPA SeaChange Andaman” and you will be sent an online form to fill in the details necessary to process your application.
Last date to apply: 30 August 2022
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified; therefore, interested individuals are requested to apply immediately.
About us: Dakshin Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization headquartered in Bengaluru, with field bases and intervention across the coastline of India and in its oceanic islands. Our mission is to inform and advocate conservation and natural resource management, while promoting and supporting sustainable livelihoods, social development and environmental justice. To learn more about our interventions and research projects please take a look at our website (www.dakshin.org)
If you are interested in spending some time at Dakshin gaining experience in the field of conservation and development, then email us (email@example.com) the following information along with an attached copy of your CV.
- Statement of Interest (100 words max.)
- Language skills (specify language and fluency in speaking, reading and writing)
- Duration of availability & ability to travel
- Preference for field-based or secondary-data research
- University / college requirements (if this counts towards credits)
- Internship support (from your institution / elsewhere)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org