The Bhumi Fellowship is designed to bring in smart young people to transform the Indian schooling system. Through this two-year journey, we aim to positively impact the lives of one million children in the next decade.
This professional programme will develop the youth into change facilitators who enable schools to function better as an eco-system. The fellows will be placed in government and other low-income schools. The fellows will focus on professional development of teachers, leadership development of school leaders and whole school transformation.
The person will manage the fellowship programme while being the nodal point to all stakeholders at the school, fellows, partners, donors and Bhumi.
Roles & Responsibilities of Programme Manager
- Work alongside the Senior Manager in program implementation by leading a team of Fellows to bring about whole school transformation in low income private/ government schools
- Design the structures that will create a supportive ecosystem for Fellows, enabling them to effectively teach, design interventions for their stakeholders and strategise for whole school transformation
- Empower the team by developing their skills and competencies through regular learning and development spaces
- Build a culture of ownership, collaboration and excellence within the team by creating and driving effective systems and processes
- Facilitate the collection and interpretation of student, stakeholder and school level data to make short and long-term strategic decisions
- Build partnerships with stakeholders including the school management, the government and donors to ensure the long-term sustainability of our efforts
- Contribute to broader fellowship priorities such as fellow recruitment and selection, strategy, donor reporting and expansion
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Experience of managing people/projects
- Teaching and/or content creation experience is desirable
- Any Graduate, post-graduate or fellowship
- Experience in managing/designing a fellowship would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience teaching in a formal classroom & an ability to coach people to be exceptional teachers
- Ability to design and drive outcome-oriented plans through the team’s collective effort
- Ability to design and facilitate adult learning spaces
- Ability to gather and analyse data to inform decisions
- A good understanding of the education ecosystem including policies, curriculum frameworks and functioning of school systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Tamil.
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills.
- Emotional maturity to work with the perspectives and needs of diverse team members
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is also self-driven.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
To apply for this job please visit bhumi.zohorecruit.in.