Website HCL Foundation
ABOUT HCL FOUNDATION:
HCL Foundation (HCLF) was established in 2011 as the CSR arm of HCL Technologies. It is a not for-profit- organization, that strives to contribute towards national and international development goals, bringing about lasting positive impact in the lives of people, through long term sustainable programs. The foundation aims to alleviate poverty and achieve inclusive growth and development. Active community engagement ensures optimal long-term gains and upward accountability. HCL Foundation works through Life Cycle Based, Integrated Community Development Approach with thematic focus on Education, Health, Skill Development & Livelihood, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction & Response. Child protective strategies, inclusion and gender transformative approaches remain central in all initiatives of HCL Foundation, thus ensuring comprehensive development.
Presently HCL Foundation is implementing five flagship programs, namely HCL Samuday & HCL Grant – Rural Development programs; HCL Uday & Clean Noida – Urban Development programs; HCL Harit (The Green Initiative) – Environment Action program and 4 special initiatives – Power of One, Sports for Change, HCL Foundation Academy and My E-Haat.
To be the source for sustainable socio-economic and environmental development.
Nurture clean, green and healthy communities where everyone is empowered and equipped to reach their full potential in partnership with its employees, communities and stakeholders, while promoting volunteerism and establishing international standards of strategic planning, implementation and measuring impact.
HCL Samuday, a flagship program of HCL Foundation, is an outcome of HCL’s commitment to uplift rural India. Established in 2015, Samuday intends to develop a sustainable, scalable, and replicable model – a source code for economic and social development of rural areas in partnership with state governments, local communities, NGOs, knowledge institutions and allied partners. This is being done through optimal interventions across Agriculture, Education, Health, Environment, Livelihood, and WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) in selected villages.
The program is designed to help the local people identify their problems, co-create solutions, and then implement the same on their own with professional support from team Samuday, thereby, lending the dimension of sustainability and ownership to the vision of development. Currently implemented in 11 blocks of Uttar Pradesh, HCL Samuday is operational in 1299 villages from 287 Gram Panchayats, comprising more than 165,000 households and impacting over 900,000 people.
For more details, please visit – www.hclsamuday.org
The Position: Project Coordinator- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PC-MEL)
Location: Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India
Under the leadership of Project Director, HCL Foundation and assigned personnel, the PC MEL’s primary responsibility is to support the programme monitoring and reporting process of the organization in accordance with HCL Foundation’s policy, standards & statutory requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
Developing Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Framework
- Development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Include inputs from relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into program formulation;
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement/progress against the performance indicators.
- Initiate and conduct baseline studies (involving both quantitative and qualitative research methods), project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Maintain and update the M&E database, analyze and aggregate findings.
Adoption of Digital Database System
- Implementation of internal HCL Foundation developed Program Management and data collection system for the organization to capture programmatic database
Facilitation of Project Audits
- Undertake regular field visit to intervention sites and partner’s office for physical verification of data provided in report.
- Regular review of programmatic, financial and compliance reports and data submitted by partners quarterly and provide suitable constructive feedback, if any.
- Support internal and external organizations conducting programmatic audits of HCL Foundation and/or of partners of HCL Foundation
- Support central M&E team in collating, organizing, and producing content and data for key reports such as the CSR, sustainability reports, ESG reporting.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data, as required.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Provide advice to the project teams on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Consolidate and represent data for annual reports, presentations, management meetings, etc.
Support Partners in M&E
- Identify gaps in M&E systems and processes of partners
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize training on M&E for partners, as required.
Attributes and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to exit stage.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools and data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in capacity building and training of programme partners and target beneficiaries on technical aspects and M&E framework of the organization.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Good communication skills; fluent in English and well versed in Tamil language.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player. Ability to learn and work independently.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills.
Programme and Database Management
- Must also have the ability to work well under pressure and deliver within required deadlines, often in a fast- paced work environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidate should have minimum 3 years of experience in Research Design and Impact Evaluation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Should be proficient in using quantitative techniques in field surveys and qualitative methods/PRAs in impact evaluation.
- Should possess demonstrated knowledge on standard monitoring and evaluation tools such as logical framework, results framework analysis, etc.
- Candidate should be capable of developing and using digital technology in implementing M&E functions.
- Education: Post graduate university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, economics, or related field. Advanced certification in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- Knowledge of Computer/Software – Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, etc.)
Remuneration: Salary commensurate with experience
How to apply:
Please submit your CV with a cover letter
- Email subject line: PC MEL – Thoothukudi_(Insert your name)
- CV file name: (PC MEL_Candidate’s name_CV)
Share a 5-slide presentation on work done in the past; include samples of content produced, if possible
Send your application to Sarneet Kaur firstname.lastname@example.org with Cc to Akshansh Akshat email@example.com
Applications due by 21st Aug 2022 (6 p.m.)
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org