Website GIZ India
Position: Project Manager
Location: New Delhi
How to Apply: Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to email@example.com with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
• A maximum of 2 pages note on one of the topics given below:
➢ Share your views and suggestions for contribution of residential building sector towards India’s carbon neutral by 2070. Suggest steps until 2030.
➢ Which role of leadership you like the most and would love to practice given a choice. Are team conflicts good or bad. Share your thoughts?
B. Project Background
The project supports Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to reduce life cycle cost in affordable housing pan India by achieving thermal comfort. This is done via energy efficient building material as well as building design. The project supports 6 light house projects in six states. Those learnings should be replicated as well as the necessary state regulations being updated/put in place and practice.
The Project Manager will be in-charge for the technical implementation and execution of the programme “Climate Smart Buildings” and will directly report to the Cluster coordinator IndoGerman Energy programme, GIZ, as well as closely liaise with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs under the framework of his/her employment contract with GIZ. The Project Manager will be principally responsible for:
• Managing the technical components of the Climate Smart Building project in accordance with the order and project goals and activities agreed with the partner, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior.
• Providing professional advice to partners and cooperating with important stakeholders like TERI and other ministries and state agencies and private organizations incl. developers, etc.
• Identifying the need and initiating the involvement of specialised consultants.
• Identifying the need for and initiating of meetings and workshops with parties concerned.
• Innovation and knowledge management and communication of innovations to a broad target group.
• Integrating results and experience into teamwork and the work of all relevant groups.
• Technical management of experts in the component.
D. Core Scope of Tasks
1. Management responsibility
• Coordinates and leads in preparing and conducting project activities and carries out other activities required for implementing thesecomponents.
• Coordinates the technical, administrative and legal staff of the project office.
• Coordinates national and international advisers/consultants in carrying out their work.
• Leads the project with all required organizational and management issues.
• Leads in formulating project action plans and synchronise the planning and budgeting system and counterparts.
• Is jointly responsible with the partner institution for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings, conferences and other project activities.
• Maintains a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and withinGIZ.
• Ensures the project office runs smoothly.
• Uses GIZ’s Capacity Works to manage the component.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
• Serves as in-charge for the programme during the absence and in close coordination of the Cluster coordinator Indo-German Energy programme.
2. Professional advisory services
• Advises partner institution(s) on order clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input.
• Identifies needs for external support and advice, works on policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach.
• Prepares and implements the coordination process.
E. Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Bachelor’s in engineering.
• Master’s in engineering or management or related domain.
• 10+ years of professional experience in the energy efficient housing sector e.g. as architect, urban planner, building material expert.
• At least 5+ years of Managerial experience
F. Location: New Delhi position may be assigned at Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
G. Duration of the contract: Until 30 April 2024
H. Last date of receiving application: 15 November 2022
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
• Please note that those individuals who have completed a consultancy assignment with GIZ in less than 6 months prior to the intended start date for this position will not be shortlisted due to organisational policy.
Disclaimer: As per GIZ’s data confidentiality policy, candidate’s application is stored in our database for six months and is deleted thereafter.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org