About GREEN Foundation
Genetic Resource Ecology Energy and Nutrition Foundation (GF) works with the vision of a well-preserved, diverse ecosystem that sustains the rural livelihoods of the present generation without eroding the resource base of the future. Towards this Vision, GF promotes ecological agriculture that preserves and promotes natural elements in the farming and food systems while ensuring sustainable livelihoods for the rural communities. The models and approaches that the GF adopts bring together the ‘society-science-market’, led by women through their collectives. Specific areas of intervention include the conservation of seeds and local agricultural biodiversity, promoting regenerative farming practices and better nutrition for families, allied activities to diverse income sources, value addition, and marketing to generate additional income from production. While the organisation demonstrates this through its direct field action, it engages with other stakeholders in the sector (public system, civil society, and networks) to adopt and scale these practices. GF is working currently in the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh at seven locations. GF is part of the Catalyst Group of institutions, which houses Catalyst Management Services, Vrutti Livelihoods Impact Partners, Swasti Health Catalyst, and Fuzhio Health and Business Services.
GF intends to hire a Project Manager for one of its interventions on the Regenerative farming cluster for the orange value chain development and is looking for a suitable candidate.
Working with and reporting to the Project Director, the Project Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, execution, management, and monitoring of the project. This has to be done in consultation and jointly with the Project Director and other team members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop or update project plans (annual/ quarterly/ monthly action plans as per the need) including information such as objectives, technologies, schedules, funding, and staffing, and administer the same.
- Ensuring effective implementations of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Theory of Change (ToC), in the project period.
- Implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning System for the project, ensuring data collection, aggregation, analysis, and periodic reflection and reporting. This should be done on a regular basis as agreed with the donors/ internal stakeholders and other stakeholders as per the need of the project.
- Monitor project milestones, deliverables, field implementation, and cost and raise flags at the appropriate time. Monitor the performance of project team members to provide performance feedback.
- Organise reflection events per agreed frequency and periodically produce learning for internal and external dissemination.
- Coordination and communication with the donors, government, civil society organisations and other stakeholders in the project.
- Participate, align, and support the “Satpura Orange” Chhindwara “One District One Product” brand government initiative.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to determine project requirements and objectives.
- HR – Recruit, induct, train and handhold human resources for the project, including exit formalities. Manage project team, assign duties and responsibilities, periodically assess performance and provide feedback.
- Conflict Resolution – Identify problems, challenges, and conflicts and confer with project personnel for resolution.
- Identify, review, or select vendors or consultants related to the RPLC project to meet project needs within a consultation with Chhindwara compact. Ensure transparent procurement processes in line with organisational or donor guidelines, whichever is in vogue.
- Market- research, negotiation, setting up supply chain mechanism, Farmers producers Organization (FPO management and ) functioning
- Managing finances and statutory and contractual requirements in relation to the project as need be.
- Administering funds, ensuring expenditures and bills, and vouchers are submitted in time.
- Project Manager will be responsible for quality assurance in planning, execution, monitoring, reporting, communication, and coordination.
- Enterprise Resource Planning/ Project Management Software.
- MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Overall proficiency in Microsoft Office Environment and Google (Mail, Drive, Photos).
- Video conferencing and online meetings.
- Analytical Software – STATA, SPSS
- Qualitative Analysis Software
- Social Development – Context, challenges, solutions, models, especially in the context of regenerative agriculture/ landscape and how it impacts us.
- The impact of climate on agri-food systems, models, adaptive and mitigation actions.
Farmer’s collective/ Producer Collectives, value chains and markets.
- Working in multi-stakeholder settings.
- Be able to provide a perspective on Indian development challenges.
- Familiarity with Theory of Change, Results Languages, Monitoring and Evaluation
Skills and Abilities:
- Strategy development, planning and large-scale execution.
- Managing programmes/ projects and people, ability to motivate.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to organise and delegate work.
- Communication and Coordination – Communicate with multiple stakeholders and coordinate effectively.
- Financial Management, oversight of project expenditures and accounts.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience; ability to write reports and analytical briefs. Write reports, notes, briefs both small and large for regular as well as specific requirements and a diverse set of audiences.
- Speaking – Ability to articulate and speak clearly and put forth points of view.
- Learning – Ability to quickly learn and take improvement actions.
- Ability to collaborate and work together with a multidisciplinary team
Education – A Graduate or Postgraduate Degree in Rural Management/ Rural Development, Social Work, Development Studies, or similar subjects.
Experience – 5+ years of experience in managing development programmes/ projects and a team. Working in a network setting would be an advantage.
Language: Fluency in Hindi (Reading, Writing, Speaking) and working knowledge of English.
To apply for this job please visit catalyst.kekahire.com.