Website The Hans Foundation
Designation: Project Manager
No of Positions – 1
Type of Work – Full-Time
Location – Delhi
Nature of engagement – Contractual
Period of engagement – Upto 31 December 2022, subject to renewal
School Health Clinics seek to provide comprehensive primary healthcare to government school students by catering to both physical and mental health issues within the school campus. Each clinic has a doctor, a psychologist, a nurse, and a multi-task worker who are responsible for regular screening, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of primary healthcare concerns of students. A pioneer in the education and healthcare space, the Education and Health Departments of the Government of Delhi have come together to ensure the holistic development and well-being of government school students through the School Health Clinics Pilot Project.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been set up to help the GNCTD manage the implementation of the pilot project. The PMU has partnered with the Hans Foundation for the smoother functioning and operations of the School Health Clinics Project.
Position Summary –
We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) to oversee the implementation of the School Health Clinics Pilot Project under the guidelines of the PMU and the Hans Foundation. The scope of work of the Project manager will range from project planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, staff management, liaising with stakeholders, association with government, upscaling, and impact evaluation amongst others.
Based out of New Delhi, the Project Manager will play an important role in ensuring that ambitious reform initiatives are implemented in an efficient and effective manner through the SHCs. The PM will be expected to adapt to ambiguous circumstances, effectively respond to government requests, and strengthen Delhi governments’ strategic goal of health and wellbeing indicators of school children.
Role and Responsibilities –
● Overall management of the School Health Clinics project
● Building consensus amongst various stakeholders on key issues and initiatives of the project
● Ensuring smooth communication and coordination between school administration, SHC staff, PMU, THF and other partner and donor organisations.
● Supporting PMU and THF with scaling up the number of SCs under the project.
● Supervising the work and duties of HR, operations and accounts managers, and monitoring associates.
● Review of the proposal from various stakeholders and overall in charge of managing the contract/agreement
● Managing the partnership with other stakeholders/institute/experts/consultant for offering various services in this project such as training, supervision and M& E etc
● Curating and drafting documents to be submitted to competent authorities for strategic decision making.
● Lead the project implementation team and other THF staff for the SHC project.
● Identification of KPAs and KRAs for the staff in the project implementation team in THF and organisational OKRs.
● Develop and chase deadlines, budgets, and activities
● To work with stakeholders to assess program performance
● Conflict resolution between staff members, administration, and stakeholders.
● Review of data gathered from schools and all reports generated and suggest policy inputs.
● Reviewing reports created by project associate, HR executive, consultant (psychology), consultant (law/social work), monitoring associate and operations manager.
● Review standard operating procedures for the functioning of SHCs and approval from concerned authorities as and when required
● Supervising sensitively all critical and medico legal cases of students and resolving them with the help of the PMU.
● Identifying operational and administrative challenges and resolve them after discussion with the PMU.
● Preparation of monthly and quarterly progress update report for THF and any donor organisation
Essential Qualifications and Experience
● Postgraduate in management, public administration, public policy, development or social work
● Any other postgraduate degree with relevant experience in planning and administration, government, or renowned NGOs in the social sectors.
● 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in the development sector.
● Candidates with experience in high functioning consulting environment and project management experience will be given preference
Required Skills & Competencies
● Strong written and verbal communication and capability to relate and interact with multicultural teams
● Giving close attention to details and demonstrated ability to handle sensitive or confidential information
● Ability to lead and drive the project with a vision to achieve transformational change
● Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
● Have an empathetic & compassionate attitude. Sensitive towards the needs of children
● Ability to analyse complex problems, craft possible solutions and recommendations
INR 12,00,000 per annum
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.