Employer: LEAD at Krea University
No. of positions: 1
Assignment type: Full-time position
Reporting to: Team Lead
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
About LEAD at Krea University:
LEAD, an action-oriented research centre of IFMR Society (a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act), leverages the power of research, innovation and co-creation to solve complex and pressing challenges in development. LEAD has strategic oversight and brand support from Krea University (sponsored by IFMR Society) to enable synergies between academia and the research centre. LEAD is a collaborative hub that brings experts from diverse disciplines and sectors together to develop innovative solutions by harnessing innovation, technology and analytics.
About the Role:
The primary role of the Project Manager will be to develop and update the project plan, assigning tasks to complete the same, and ensures compliance with project requirements, coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, including engagement with senior Government Officials, for the execution and implementation of the project, provide advice and support to research and technical staff working on the project. The Project Manager will also be responsible to prepare work plans, mentoring and reporting on project achievements, keep track and remain accountable for the development of detailed project reports. The Project Manager will work closely with other research team members on: designing survey questionnaires, conducting literature reviews, managing survey teams, monitoring data collection activities on field, conducting data checks and analysing data, coordinating with the field teams of the partner organizations etc. The candidate is expected to develop and maintain a good working relationship with partner/donor organizations and work closely with donors and key sectoral stakeholders to identify and develop new opportunities. The candidate must also have prior experience and a strong interest in qualitative research in order to assist with mixed methods projects.
- Develops and updates the project plan, assigning tasks to complete the same, and ensures compliance with project requirements.
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, including engagement with senior Government Officials, for the execution and implementation of the project.
- Provide advice and support to research and technical staff working on the project.
- Preparation of work plans, mentoring and reporting on project achievements.
- Keeps track and is accountable for the development of detailed project reports.
- Is accountable for day-to-day project management and completion of project deliverables.
- Preparation of accurate and timely progress and financial reports on project activities with specific focus on the indicators achieved.
- Reviews budgets and updates project budgets.
- Oversees subgrantees, reviews their deliverables and ensures compliance with project requirements.
- Organizing and anchoring periodic review meetings with donors/govt.
Strategy formulation and Stakeholder Management:
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with partner/donor organizations.
- Work closely with donors and key sectoral stakeholders to identify and develop new opportunities.
- Keeps an open channel for communication with partner/donor organizations and policy makers.
- Presents research/project findings to partner organizations and larger audiences through workshops/conferences.
Evaluation, Research, and Learning:
- Designing initiatives/projects/interventions that contribute to the overall vision and growth of the SGBE vertical
- Lead research efforts to assist in the development of concept notes, project documents and policy frameworks as directed by the reporting manager.
- Leads the analysis of research results and the development of research outputs.
- Is accountable for planning and implementing the development of a steady flow of learning outputs.
- Leads the development of research summaries, policy briefs, blog posts, presentations and other forms of outreach as required.
- Ensures that data collected through research tools are complete, accurate and comprehensive.
- Provide advice and assistance in data collection to establish baselines to monitor progress in relation to the Project.
- Oversees data analysis and visualization.
- Oversees subgrantees’ project activities, reviews their deliverables and ensures compliance with project requirements.
- Contributes to the work of LEAD as required.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Sociology, Environment Economics/Policy/Science, Finance,
Development Studies or related field is mandatory
- 7 to 8 years of management and/or research experience in international development or related fields.
- Significant experience in enterprise development, entrepreneurship and livelihoods.
- Experience in managing a small team
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written communication with a proven publication (academic or non-academic) record
- Experience with grant writing and budget management
- Previous experience of managing a team of researchers and consultants
- Experience working with high level counterparts; donors, research think tanks, bankers and financial regulators, and engaging with senior government officials.
- Considerable exposure to applied research and experience implementing social science research methods, including experimental research and data collection methods
- Experience managing large scale projects with the ability to handle multiple projects at any given point in time
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of evaluation methods and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience in entrepreneurship, livelihoods, gender space is strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing social science research methods, including experimental research and data collection methods
- Experience in in-depth systematic review and synthesis of research
- Independent worker; takes initiative to lead and manage multiple tasks and propose solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Capable of translating research insights into actionable insights
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals ranging from State and Central government officials, donors, research think tanks, banks, etc. bankers and financial regulators
- Has the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Willingness to travel extensively to field locations is required (post-COVID-19 scenario).
- Mature, self-directed individual with ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
Preferred: has a good track record of academic and non-academic publications
• Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
• Please collate resume, cover letter and writing sample in one PDF and apply in the form below.
Please indicate that you are applying for “Project Manager – Chennai”. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each candidate individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purposes.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.