Website Wadhwani Foundation
Project Manager – Software Application
About Wadhwani Foundation (www.wfglobal.org):
Mission: Accelerating economic development in emerging economies through high-value job creation
Objectives: Enabling the creation of 10M jobs and placement of 25M by 2030 across 20-25 emerging economies
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through various Initiatives. More details on the various programs at the end of the document.
Wadhwani Institute of Technology & Policy (WITP) is looking for a self-motivated Software Project Manager with experience in handling project execution and client management. The candidate is expected to undertake the planning, scheduling, resourcing, execution, and delivery of software projects. Candidate must ensure the successful completion of software projects and also oversee the team performing work on the projects.
WITP is working with Govt. agencies. The candidate for this environment will be someone who is enthusiastic and collaborative.
- The Project Manager – Software Application, responsible for client interaction/management and setting the team’s deadlines and ensuring a successful outcome.
- Discussing potential projects and their parameters with departments/client, executives,and software developers.
- Planning out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Assembling and leading the project team.
- Participating in and supervising each stage of the project.
- Ensuring each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines.
- Creating a project effort estimation and ensuring the project adheres to the same as closely as possible.
- Tracking milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Delivering completed software projects to clients and performing regular checks on the projects performance.
- Must have managed at-least one emerging projects like Data Analytics or Machine Learning.
- Experience in interviewing and selecting team from outsources vendor, coordination and management with outsourcing vendor..
Skills & Experience:
- Should be an MBA/MCA/Postgraduate.
- Additional qualifications in around data analytics or emerging technologies will be preferred
- 4-7 years of experience
- Experience in consulting environment and project management experience will be given preference.
- Experience in working with central and/or state governments. will be preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and solve problems.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively as part of a larger team and with a variety of colleagues, external partners, and policy leaders.
- Efficient time management and ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities.
- Sound judgment, good analytical and technical capabilities, good oral communication and writing skills, strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Good presentation skills and Fluent in Hindi and English
- Open to travel
To apply for this job please visit careers.wfglobal.org.