Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
About the Rebuild Team:
The Rebuild India Fund aims to support the most vulnerable communities across India, and the NGOs that work with them, by giving them the power to serve meaningfully, and the flexibility to run their organizations as they see fit. We will do this by funding 100 locally led, community rooted NGOs every year with 5 -year unrestricted grants, backed by need-based multi-year capacity building support. The fund is working with NGOs, philanthropists, and sector intermediaries to bring to the fore voices of leaders from the community and shift power dynamics in grant-making, keeping in mind the principles of Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. With Year 1 of the fund having made commitments of over 10M USD to 150+ NGOs for COVID relief, we are excited to move into this new and unique chapter of our work and build the team who will enable this.
We are at a stage where we are looking for driven, passionate and empathetic individuals who are committed to supporting locally led, small, community rooted NGOs across India, are excited by the thought of creating a path-breaking movement towards challenging the status quo, and have a burning desire to see an equitable India.
About the role:
Associates at Dasra are responsible for end-to-end execution of the various projects under minimal supervision. With 3-5 years of experience and strong management skills, a Portfolio Associate in the Rebuild team will have the below responsibilities-
· Develop a deep understanding of grassroots organizations and social issues in the non-profit sector
· Be responsible for execution of NGO portfolio related tasks including due diligence of potential grantees, capacity building of portfolio NGO leaders and teams, and thought leadership on insights generated
· Conceptualize thoughts, with strong writing and communication skills to generate insights and powerful perspectives
· Create compelling written/presentation materials that influence funders, NGOs and internal stakeholders
· Perform qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, linking insights and data across sectoral themes
· Communicate effectively and build relationships with the internal team and external NGO leaders, partner and funders
· Drive excellence in delivery of the multiple project tasks allocated
· Design robust and effective processes for management within the team
Duration: Full time
· Is a graduate or postgraduate with minimum 3 years of work experience; development sector experience and exposure to grantmaking and grassroots NGOs will be a bonus.
· Consistently meets deadlines, effectively manages own time across several complex projects and identifies/resolves conflicts or roadblocks independently.
· Brings strong structure and organization to written and verbal content and is able to put forth points in a clear and concise manner.
· Prioritizes, structures and organizes information effectively, using spreadsheets or simple data analysis tools where needed, and ensuring adequate depth and breadth of perspectives. Draws accurate insights from gathered information.
· Engages external stakeholders including NGO leaders and funders with trust and confidence and is able to manage relationships towards multiple goals/ projects/ deliverables.
· Passion for the development sector and the communities we serve
· Has the ability to work with great agility in an environment with massive ambiguity
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway. We’d love the opportunity to determine whether you could be a great fit.
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.