Website Shantilal Muttha Foundation
SMF is a non-profit organization established with an aim to strengthen the public education system and support schools to enrich their capacities for fostering the holistic development of children with emphasis on values-based learning environments and life-skills education.
SMF interventions, which have been carried out in partnership with the state governments of Chattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Meghalaya, have benefitted over 44,00,000 students, 200,000 teachers and over 70,000 schools across the country so far. SMF has been creating and implementing meaningful, impact-centric interventions and state-wide platforms for school systems. Various state governments have deeply engaged with us in the domains of School Assessment and Accreditation, Values-based Education and Life Skills, Civic Engagement, Early Childhood Education using the MLE approach and Adolescent Girls’ Empowerment.
Currently, SMF has been entrusted by the Government of Maharashtra to partner for improving the quality of education in the Adarsh Shala programme in all 67,000 govt. schools in Maharashtra, with focussed approach in 488 schools in the first phase, aiming at transforming them into ‘Model Schools’. The Programme stages are visualized as below:
- Model School visioning, planning, design and development and governance (2021-22)
- Practice and Demonstration for 488 schools (2021-24)
- Scale-up plan and action for 5000 schools (2023- 25)
- Scale-up to all 67,000 government schools with sustainability plan and action (2026-30).
SMF will support the GoM by shouldering the responsibility of co-creating and anchoring the functioning of the Model School Transformation Cell (MSTC). MSTC will be formed within the SCERT by the GoM along with SMF officials with expertise in varied domains. Further, Model School District Quality Forums will be set up in each district which will serve as important arms of the MSTC to sustain and replicate the learnings of the Model School Programme.
The Regional MIS Coordinator will work closely with the Snr. Associate for MIS, regional and district level government officials, programme functionaries, and school stakeholders for efficient and timely collation, organization, analysis and reporting of Programme related MIS.
- Implement MIS policies to ensure data accuracy and security.
- Implement standardized MIS procedures across all programme applications as per department requirements and at the field level.
- Collect, organize, consolidate, analyze programme related data from the field in timely manner and reporting them to the Snr. Associate for MIS and SMF H. O.
- Implement process improvements for increased efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Plan and manage necessary software installations.
- Perform periodic maintenance and servicing of MIS system to improve operational efficiency.
- Monitor MIS performance regularly to avoid unplanned outages and down times.
- Ensure up to date maintenance of records and data at the school level.
- Conduct training on MIS activities to increase staff expertise.
- Maintains good relationship with the field and state functionaries.
- Make regular field visits in programme within the region.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduation Degree in Computers/Science/Technology or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience of working in the education, social sectors.
- Experience with technology (hardware and software).
- Expert in systems for data collation, interpretation and analysis.
- Experience and expert in people capacity building, learning and development.
- Experience of working with govt. education departments, government schools teachers, and officials at district and block level.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good understanding of the functioning of the govt. school education system, institutions and functionaries.
- Ability to offer innovative and creative MIS related solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Must be well-versed in Marathi and English.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.