The Centre for Social and Economic Progress is looking to hire an early career economist as a Research Analyst (0-2 years of experience) with an interest in conducting policy-relevant research on Indian macroeconomic issues.
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts in-depth, policy-relevant research and provides evidence-based recommendations for the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, and extensive interactions with policymakers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research. CSEP is based in New Delhi and registered as a company limited by shares and not for profit, under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 1956. It was earlier known as Brookings Institution India Center.
- Advanced degree in Economics (Masters; 0-2 years of experience).
- Strong analytical and writing skills, preferably demonstrated in relevant and recent publications.
- Working Knowledge of STATA or R and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take a lead role in summarizing the relevant existing literature
- Think independently about important macroeconomic issues
- Conduct data analysis with other members of the team
- Contribute to the research done by your team both at the conceptualization and execution stage
CSEP is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.
To apply, please submit a resume and a work sample along with two references by 15th August, 2022. Please submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply with the subject line “Research Analyst –Macroeconomics’. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com