Website CEEW - Council on Energy, Environment and Water
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to build careers in public policy and social impact.
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart ambitious people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Research Analyst- Water
The CEEW’s water programme intends to inform policy-making for sustainable development of water resources, and their effective management through research in the areas of the catchment (river basin) assessment, water-energy nexus, water use efficiency, wastewater treatment and reuse, and climate-resilient water systems.
For its water programme, CEEW seeks to hire a suitable candidate having a good understanding of India’s water and wastewater sector, for the position of Research Analyst. An ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of the urban water supply and wastewater management issues and challenges, and current policy discourse (supply and demand management, and treatment, recycling, and reuse) for addressing them. Along with a policy research orientation, the candidate should possess strong data analysis skills and support the organization in accessing various existing secondary data sets, such as those from the Census of India, Urban Local Bodies, Central and State Pollution Control Boards, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, or any other data sets available in the public domain. The candidate should have proficiency in using statistical tools. Hands-on experience with geo-spatial tools and experience of working in projects having the engagement of local urban bodies will be desirable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the research methodology
- Conduct primary surveys, including sampling design, questionnaire development, and coordination of the field research
- Undertake analysis of primary and secondary water-related datasets using statistical and geo-spatial tools
- Assist or preferably independently write high-quality research reports and publish in leading peer-reviewed journals
- Generate knowledge content – blogs, policy briefs, etc. at regular intervals
- Assist in preparing presentations, fact sheets, and other research communication material
- Assist and accompany senior team members for important meetings and sessions, prepare notes, and conduct follow-ups, as required
- Assist in effective outreach of research outputs, through coordination with the outreach team, engagement with a wider network of stakeholders, and concerned policymakers
- Present research outputs to key stakeholders if needed
- Travel to project sites, when required, to monitor field surveys, conduct interviews or collect data for different research projects
- Any other assistance that may be required
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences/management/planning, water resources management/engineering, urban planning/management, or a related field
- Should have a strong research background and analytical skills, with experience in handling/coordinating field research and data collection
- Ability to analyse water-related data sets
- Proficiency in using statistical tools
- Hands-on experience with RS/GIS is desirable
- Ability to summarise and communicate the insights/findings as reports and presentations
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Good track record of project assistance and timely delivery of outputs
- Competent in preparing questionnaires/formats for collecting field data
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills, and report writing skills
- Competent in using statistical tools and MS Office application suite
- Demonstrate strong networking skills and ability to represent the organisation on the national and international platforms
- Relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals/book chapters are desirable
- Willingness to learn new (research and project management) skills
- Ability to adapt to new environment and deliver under tight deadlines in a professional environment
- Striving for rigour in research and quality in work output
- Ability to effectively work in a team while being able to independently drive research with minimum assistance when time demands
- Ability to dig deeper into details, while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop at personal and professional front, at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, or caste. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter (in one pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application – Research Analyst – Water’ as the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.
To apply for this job please visit www.ceew.in.