Website Farmers for Forests
Farmers for Forests (F4F) is seeking a Full Time Consultant at the Research Associate – Communications position to assist the research, fundraising and communications team. The position is ideal for someone with 0 to 3 years of development and writing experience.
F4F is a not-for-profit organization working to protect and increase India’s biodiverse forest cover in close collaboration with rural communities. Founded in December 2019, F4F is one of the very few organizations in India working in the forestry sector and using a payment for ecosystem services model for its environmental protection and restoration activities.
F4F was incubated at Nudge Centre for Social Innovation (N/Core), Shakti – The Empathy Project and the NSRCEL-IIMB. Our work was also featured on DW TV and Scroll’s Eco India series as well as DW Hindi. We were recently selected as one of India’s top innovators working in the ecosystem restoration and conservation sector by the World Economic Forum.
F4F seeks a Research Associate – Communications to support its research, fundraising and communications team across several the fundations. The position will be based out of our head office in Pune, Maharashtra. We are looking for passionate, experienced and skilled individuals who are keen on working on mitigating and adapting to climate change, while working closely with some of the most vulnerable communities in India. The Research Associate – Communications will work closely with the co-founders and the research and tech teams on a variety of tasks.
1. Work with the co-founders and the research team on writing thought pieces, blog articles and social media posts and develop overall communications strategy
2. Support the tech and research teams in documenting the analytical work they are doing
3. Support the operations team in documenting standard operating procedures and creating aesthetically appealing manuals and playbooks that document our operations processes and learnings
4. Support the ongoing website overhaul by helping write content and designing web pages in collaboration with the graphic and website designers
5. Support the co-founders in writing grant applications and regular donor reports
6. Take up research work as required on a wide-variety of topics related to payments for ecosystem services, carbon markets, forestry, mangroves, soil conservation and restoration, hydrology, etc.
1. Bachelor’s degree and above; background in environmental studies, literature, rural development or social work is a major advantage
2. Experience working on projects related to sustainable livelihoods for rural communities or other development sector projects is an advantage
3. Excellent Canva and Photoshop skills with an eye for aesthetics and an ability to think outside the box
4. Good interpersonal skills and fluency in English and Hindi; proficiency in Marathi will be a major advantage
5. Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing
6. Flexible, self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious relationships within communities
7. Attention to detail and ability to adapt to unstructured or fast-changing circumstances
8. Advanced MS Office skills (Powerpoint, Word and Excel) required
9. Ability and willingness to work in challenging field conditions, when required
10. Willingness to travel between project locations, when required
11. Willingness to travel into forests, when required
● Between 15th – 30th June
● Selection basis rolling applications
Pune – Maharashtra
Between Rs. 35,000 – 40,000 per month
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please make sure to write the position you’re applying for (“Research Associate – Communications”) in the subject line of the email.
PLEASE SEND CV AND COVER LETTER TO THE ABOVE MENTIONED EMAIL ID ONLY. APPLICATIONS SENT TO OTHER EMAIL IDS OR PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org