Website Akanksha Foundation
Position Summary: As an Akanksha teacher, you will be directly responsible for at least 30 students in a class. Your role will be to guide the students towards academic achievement while inculcating self-esteem and values in their curriculum that will empower them to think critically and make informed choices in their life. You will cultivate an environment of high achievement coupled with fun learning in the classrooms. You will build strong bonds with children to understand each child’s needs and work with parents as partners in their child’s education and future.
You will be reporting to the School Leader.
What your role will entail
- Teaching the Akanksha curriculum through effective pedagogical practices
- Designing and executing lesson plans that will engage students
- Designing assessments that thoughtfully evaluate student progress
- Varying teaching strategies and styles to meet different learning needs
- Providing a positive environment to engage students in the learning process
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with students, parents, community and the school team
- Clearly articulating high expectations for students
- Creating and maintaining an aesthetically positive environment
- Actively participating in in-network opportunities for professional development
- Attending and participating in all school training and meetings
- Meeting professional obligations through efficient work habits
- Actively participating in all extra-curricular and celebratory activities in school
- Making occasional community visits to stay connected with parents
What do you need for this position:
Primary (Grades 1 to 7):
- For Grades 1 to 5 – Graduate from any stream with a Diploma in Elementary Education
- For Grades 6 to 7 – Graduate from any stream with a Bachelor in Education
- Candidates with relevant teaching experience are preferred but freshers may also be considered.
- Strong content knowledge and expertise.
- Love for children and learning.
- Adaptability to new instructional approaches.
- Patience and capacity to solve problems.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Strong team player.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics to achieve school goals.
- Openness to feedback and critical reflections.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and other languages like Hindi & Marathi for language vacancy
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.