Website Digital Green
Technology at Digital Green
We are a multidisciplinary team that unites front and back end engineering with data, human centered design and product management.
We emphasize on rapid prototyping and piloting in close collaboration with our program teams to figure out what actually works and then figure out how to engineer solutions that work reliably and at scale in challenging environments with sporadic connectivity and emerging technology literacy, etc. We release our code for others to contribute and benefit. We are Empathetic and inclusive in our design that enables those most in need to capitalize on the promise of new technologies
Some of the problems we are working on right now:
How can data from disparate sources like IoT sensors, satellite imagery, hyperlocal weather stations and government databases be combined to generate targeted, contextual relevant advisories for farmers?
What are the most effective communication channels for reaching smallholder farmers around the world? Smartphone penetration and data connectivity continues to increase so this is dynamic and highly variable by geography. Messaging apps like whatsapp and telegram, IVR, mobile apps.
How can AI and NLP be applied to create vernacular language voice recognition that promotes inclusivity and extends the value of technology to groups typically left behind including women>
How can we apply machine learning and other advanced data analysis techniques to generate insights that enable smallholder farmers to increase their income?
How do we generate and manage data in a manner that is not extractive or exploitive but puts agency and control in the hands of farmers?
- Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identifying web-based user interactions.
- Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using react concepts.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for software / application development and maintenance process
- Document steps of software / application development and maintenance process in prescribed formats
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a React.js developer.
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
To be successful as a member of the Digital Green team, you will also:
- Have strong passion and commitment for our global mission
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so to improve upon solutions, systems, and processes
- Have a high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic
- Take initiatives and work independently as well as part of a team
Digital Green is a great place to work and prides itself on a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Digital Green is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit digitalgreen.applytojob.com.