Website Wildlife Conservation Society India
Wildlife Conservation Society-India (WCS–India) is an Indian non-profit rooted in science-based conservation. Through our different ongoing programs, our mission is to conserve, protect and heal wildlife and wild places and strengthen the benefits that they offer to humankind. For the past ten years, WCS–India has worked with various stakeholders including government bodies and local communities on a range of issues including mitigation of conflicts over wildlife, consolidation of critical wildlife habitats (terrestrial and marine), as well as countering illegal wildlife trade. We believe in conserving natural spaces in an inclusive and empathetic manner that can also benefit the people who depend on them.
About the Programme
Turtle Survival Alliance (TSA) India is dedicated towards conserving non-marine chelonians, crocodilians and cetaceans, and functions as a field program of WCS-India through field-based projects across the country in the Ganges and Brahmaputra River systems.
The extirpation of turtle populations in many regions of Asia has been driven by increased market demand for turtles as food, traditional medicine, or pets, resulting in unprecedented trade and trafficking of wild turtle populations. The WCS-TSA-India team have been supporting the Forest Department to effectively address the challenges by employing a suite of conservation actions including ex-situ measures, and capacity building of enforcement agencies to minimize illegal turtle trade.
About the Position
Job Title: Senior Administrative Officer
Job Status: Full Time (contractual)
Date of Start: 1 August, 2022
One year contract from the date of joining (Annually extendable depending upon the performance and available resources)
Line Manager: Program Director, TSA-India
Project Station: Program Office, Lucknow with limited travel to field project site
Eligibility – Qualification, Skills & Abilities
Education: University Degree (preferably Masters level or above) in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration, or related field OR university degree in another field with a professional qualification in administration or accounting or finance (CA/CS/PGDFM or similar).
Job experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with University/Master’s/Advanced Degree (4 years with University/Bachelor’s Degree).
Competencies: Knowledge and skill in administrative and financial procedures, system and compliances in the context of an international NGO (preferably wildlife conservation).
Language: Excellent communication and working knowledge of both, English and Hindi.
Establish and maintain efficient administrative system and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures.
- Develop and manage the financial and administrative systems, procedures and human resource operations and provide strategic advice on financial and administrative matters.
- Ensure annual regulatory compliances such as reporting, audits, tax procedures and filing etc.
- Develop financial reports/or Fund Utilisation Reports (Internal, Grants and Government/ Forest Department related).
Delineation of Core Responsibilities
- Draft, organize, and archive relevant documentation/files, complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, ensuring administrative and filing procedures as per the relevant laws/instructions.
- Manage office correspondence, and contribute to the organisation of regular meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Manage grant and report calendars, with assistance in drafting and submission of project reports and follow-up with granting agencies for fund disbursements.
- Supervise accountants, office assistants, drivers, and other external service providers to ensure the efficiency of the office system, supplies, premises and equipments.
- Manage detailed inventory of equipments and assets and arranging for renovation, repairs, or upgrades as necessary.
- Support the program team as and when required on project related administrative tasks not covered here for better ground execution.
- Ensure all the regulatory compliances (activity reports, bookkeeping, ledgers, audits, tax returns as per the requirement and guidelines.
- Coordinate with company’s Chartered Account/Company Secretary, external administrative consultants etc and facilitate the annual audits and income tax return.
- Supervise budget control and finance process (as per the grants) and book-keeping and data entry using TALLY with office accountant.
- Prepare quarterly financial requisition, review monthly request from project team and ensure timely fund and salary disbursements and submission of audited/Fund Utilisation Report (FUR) to donors.
- Support the team in financial risk management and fraud prevention issues.
- Assist with staff Recruitment, orientation and performance appraisal mechanisms.
- Manage staff contracts – Prepare/draft staff appointment and closure letters and relevant documents (waivers etc) and employee welfare schemes.
- Ensure code of conduct as per the international standards, program policies, and advisories.
- Provide training and advice to fellow staff on human resource, financial and administrative matters.
How to apply?
To apply, please send together in one file a cover letter, resume and contact details of three references and submit your application through email using the appropriate position title “Senior Administrative Officer – TSA India” in the subject line and send us on email@example.com latest by 12th July, 2022.
All applications will be reviewed. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. WCS-India is an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage applications from women and indigenous community members.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org