Website Akanksha Foundation
Working at The Akanksha Foundation
Akanksha is on a mission to build one of the largest and most innovative networks of schools in India, serving children from low-income communities, to maximize their potential. Our aspirational vision for students integrates academic excellence with life skills (including socio-emotional development), that will enable each child to live an empowered life. We believe an empowered citizen must possess a sense of mastery to pursue excellence, a sense of agency to make informed choices and a sense of purpose to serve their communities.
Over the last 30 years, Akanksha has been at the forefront of proving what’s possible for children from low-income communities in Mumbai & Pune. Our 4,500 alumni are on the path to living an empowered life. Today Akanksha runs 26 schools in partnership with governments of Mumbai, Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Navi Mumbai and Nagpur serving ~13,000 children in grades Jr Kg – Gr 10.
What can Akanksha offer you?
1. An opportunity to be a part of one of the most reputed organizations in the education sector in India, that focuses on transformative impact on children by getting them out of poverty.
2. An environment that is challenging, offers a significant degree of autonomy and is focused on holistic well-being of its people, so they can be the best version of themselves in life.
3. Access to learning and career growth opportunities in a steadily growing organization
4. Remuneration that is competitive in top one-third of Indian NGO scales and benefits that include medical insurance (covering your family including parents), provident fund and access to free counselling support.
Position: Senior Associate, Donor Relations and Communications
Function/Team: Development and Communications
Compensation: Approx 5.50 Lacs to 6 Lacs per annum
Reports to: Head of Communications.
What your role will entail:
Marketing & Communications- 60%
● Developing concepts and writing content for mailers and communication collaterals.
● Developing content and writing blogs, articlesfor website. Uploading the same on website and other platforms as and when needed.
● Developing and making presentations on Akanksha to various groups.
● Providing support for the creation of video films, ad films, or print advertisements required by Akanksha.
● Supporting the team in all the PR efforts like developing media lists, event plans, coordination. ● Helping with research on marketing, brand partnerships, social media, PR, etc.
● Helping in creating brochures, annual reports, newsletters, social media creatives, and other publicity literature.
● Supporting the team for internal and external events.
● Support in putting together partnership proposals, grant proposals and progress reports in appropriate formats.
● Collate information, research from multiple sources and stakeholders and synthesize information and structure it in a presentable manner.
● Support the team with additional research as and when required.
● Plan and implement fundraising events and campaigns with support from the team.
● Work closely with the team to develop collaterals and material for fundraising purposes.
Akanksha Education Fund The role will require you to work closely with the Akanksha Education FUND (AEF) team in the US. 60% of your overall time would be dedicated towards (AEF) work.
Bloomberg Database Management
• General maintenance and updates
• Customized email to first time donors (vivo example of 5 things you should know about Akanksha)
• Send ongoing Donor Acknowledgements (form letter); identify list of donors for team to place calls to thank personally
• Monthly Income Import
• Data transfer and generating reports in our donor database
• Supporting financial tracking as needed
• Managing Akanksha’s presence on social media platforms and share relevant updates (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube)
• Maintaining our website and creating webpages as needed
• Developing and implementing an annual, cohesive communications calendar
• Mass emails – creating a schedule, drafting, editing and sending
• Creating compelling newsletters and effective email campaigns to update and inspire
• Manage the info email account
• Supporting relationship building with Akanksha supporters
• Board birthdays/special occasions for Sustained donors – managing lists/coordinating outreach
• Support in maintaining prospect lists
• Admin tasks/Calendar management for team as needed Coordinating and supporting
Akanksha’s Board/Committees as needed
• Board/Committee meeting minutes (if feasible based on time difference)
• Meeting scheduling and calendar coordination
• Coordinating and supporting Akanksha’s Board and Committees as needed
• Own and manage the income dashboard for quarterly Board meetings.
• Organizing/Supporting virtual and in-person events for Akanksha supporters and managing event logistics
What you need for this Position:
● 2-4 years of relevant experience in Marketing & Communications role
● Demonstrated success in building strong and sustainable relationships
● Experience in the education/development sector preferred
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
• A sense of curiosity and ability to grasp and learn new concepts
• Highly motivated with an achievement-oriented attitude
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
● Knowledge of program design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
● Graduate/Post graduate in Marketing/Advertising/related fields
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.