The Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP) at Ashoka University is India’s first academic centre focused on enabling strategic and robust philanthropy for social impact. It strives to provide civil society with evidence-based research and knowledge products to grow scale and impact, convening platforms for norm-setting and collaborative learning, and leadership development programmes that strengthen capability and sustainability.
About Ashoka University
Ashoka University is a private, non-profit university. An unprecedented example of collective public philanthropy in India, it is a pioneer in its focus on the Liberal Arts. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across the humanities, social sciences and fundamental natural sciences. The aim is to help students become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become ethical self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service. Ashoka has built collaborations with University of Pennsylvania, University of Michigan, Carleton College, King’s College London, Sciences Po, UC Berkeley, Trinity College Dublin and Yale University. To learn more about Ashoka University visit http://ashoka.edu.in
About the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP)
The University’s focus is on attracting the brightest students, putting them under the guidance of the most inspirational faculty, and developing a global reputation for innovative research. Faculty and students come from across the country, and the world, and Ashoka is committed to maintaining the highest intellectual and academic standards.
Along with having a robust academic program, the University is home to Centers of Excellence that address some critical areas of relevance to society, and India in particular. This includes the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP), which aims at being the foremost Centre in India for research and capacity-building towards the critical advancement of social impact. The Centre’s research will be focused on critical topics in the space of social impact, in strategic philanthropy in particular, with emphasis on applied research.
About the role
The Research Team at CSIP is looking for a motivated Senior Research Associate with quantitative research skills to help us expand our research on philanthropy and giving in India. The candidate should have the flexibility to work on multiple projects, the ability to work in a fast-moving and dynamic environment, display a natural aptitude for primary and secondary research, and be excited to join a young and dynamic team.
The Senior Research Associate should have a Master’s degree in a social science subject that includes quantitative methods and 3+ years of relevant work experience. The candidate should have experience working with large datasets, be comfortable undertaking large-scale primary surveys, and be able to creatively consider novel sources of data in philanthropy and giving — an area of research with limited availability of data.
The candidate should have excellent written communication skills required for high-quality research reports, academic papers and other publications.
- Carry out tasks such as creating bibliographies and literature reviews.
- Identify relevant data and datasets for projects.
- Collate and analyse primary and secondary data using relevant software independently.
- Support the research team in creating and designing in-house research projects from start to finish.
- Support the team in writing reports, research papers and long-form articles.
- Support the team in Identifying and engaging relevant stakeholders for executing research programmes.
- Deep understanding of the development sector and its challenges in India.
- Experience in undertaking research on the social sector in India.
- Extensive quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Significant experience in undertaking quantitative research.
- Ability to work remotely and manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and expanding team.
- Be willing to travel to project sites.
- Right to work in India.
- Competitive, based on experience.
Please visit our the posting on our Career Site and apply by clicking on “I’m Interested” and filling out the relevant details. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit csip.zohorecruit.in.