Website Poverty Action Lab
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) J-PAL was established in 2003 as a research centre at the Economics Department at MIT. Since then, it has grown into a global network of researchers who use randomized evaluations to answer critical policy questions in the fight against poverty. J-PAL is propelled by a first-rate team dedicated to research, policy, training, and other vital work, supporting J-PAL’s mission to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence.
J-PAL South Asia, which is based at the Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR) in India, analyses and disseminates research results and builds partnerships with policymakers to ensure that policy is driven by evidence, and that programs proven effective are scaled up. We have a growing number of partnerships in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
Senior Software Developer
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious .NET (VB) Developer to join our Technical support team as a Senior .NET Developer. You will be involved in design, development, coding, customization, configuration, testing, and deployment in support of our customized solutions. You will also be a thought partner to the Team in designing and deploying technical solutions to real life business challenges.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop new tools based on a balanced understanding of the organization’s needs and of its various stakeholders
- Assess how solutions will (a) scale in response to user demand and (b) integrate with other existing systems
- Prepare and maintain code for various .NET applications and resolve any defects in systems.
- Prepare test based applications for various .NET applications.
- Enhance existing systems by analysing objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Manage defect tracking systems and resolve all issues and prepare updates for systems.
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Monitor everyday activities of the system and provide required support.
Requirements and qualifications
- 6 years of design and/or development experience with .NET, VB, ASP.NET, Web Forms, JS,
- Bootstrap 4 and SQL Server in an n-tier architecture.
- In depth knowledge of using DevExpress Tools (essential)
- Strong background in object oriented development techniques
- Strong understanding of solution design patterns and best practises
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with Web Services, WCF and Service Oriented Architecture a plus
- Experience with concurrent development source control (Git)
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience
- Experience of technical solutions’ architecture design or deployment is welcome
- Passion for technology and knowledge.
- ***Candidates must be authorized to work in India.
How to Apply
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Finance and Operation job category, then select “Senior Software Developer – J-PAL South Asia” and include a resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two recommendation letters. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
You are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The last date to apply is 25th March 2022. Only shortlisted applications will be contacted for further rounds.
To apply for this job please visit apply.povertyactionlab.org.