Website Shantilal Muttha Foundation
SMF is a non-profit organization established with an aim to strengthen the public education system and support schools to enrich their capacities for fostering the holistic development of children with emphasis on values-based learning environments and life-skills education.
SMF interventions, which have been carried out in partnership with the state governments of Chattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Meghalaya, have benefitted over 44,00,000 students, 200,000 teachers and over 70,000 schools across the country so far. SMF has been creating and implementing meaningful, impact-centric interventions and state-wide platforms for school systems. Various state governments have deeply engaged with us in the domains of School Assessment and Accreditation, Values-based Education and Life Skills, Civic Engagement, Early Childhood Education using the MLE approach and Adolescent Girls’ Empowerment.
Currently, SMF has been entrusted by the Government of Maharashtra to partner for improving the quality of education in the Adarsh Shala programme in all 67,000 govt. schools in Maharashtra, with focussed approach in 488 schools in the first phase, aiming at transforming them into ‘Model Schools’. The Programme stages are visualized as below:
- Model School visioning, planning, design and development and governance (2021-22)
- Practice and Demonstration for 488 schools (2021-24)
- Scale-up plan and action for 5000 schools (2023- 25)
- Scale-up to all 67,000 government schools with sustainability plan and action (2026-30).
SMF will support the GoM by shouldering the responsibility of co-creating and anchoring the functioning of the Model School Transformation Cell (MSTC). MSTC will be formed within the SCERT by the GoM along with SMF officials with expertise in varied domains. Further, Model School District Quality Forums will be set up in each district which will serve as important arms of the MSTC to sustain and replicate the learnings of the Model School Programme.
The Senior Associate for Technology will work closely with the School Transformation Head, state government and district officials, Regional and District level functionaries, and school stakeholders for ensuring proper design, development, implementation and maintenance of tech-support for the programme.
- Identify and implement use of appropriate technology applications in the areas of e-learning for students and teacher professional development.
- Offer necessary solutions in collaboration with Snr. Associates for Quality Education and MIS.
- Study current use of tech in govt. school education system for education, monitoring and admin purposes, and devise solutions for optimal use of available tech facilities.
- Study best practices in use of tech in school education, and devise viable ways for replication in model schools.
- Organise need-based, contextualised tech-based delivery of capacity-building and other inputs for teachers/schools.
- Identify, support and promote ‘tech savvy’ teachers and others within the school edu.-system.
- Design and build effective, fully aligned partnerships with other education non-profits and agencies, to leverage external expertise and resources where appropriate for tech.
- Prepare presentations and communicate findings from initiatives to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to develop organization IT asset management policies.
- Help in the development of the CSR portal for channeling CSR/philanthropic engagement.
- Make occasional field visits in programme area across all districts of Maharashtra.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computers/Education/Social Science/Technology or equivalent.
- 8-10 years of experience of working in the Educational technology sector.
- Experience and expert in people capacity building, learning and development.
- Experience of working with govt. education departments, government schools teachers, and officials at district and block level.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Deep understanding of the functioning of the govt. school education system, institutions and functionaries.
- Good understanding of school level use of technology and existing challenges.
- Willingness to constantly update self-knowledge of available tech solutions.
- Ability to offer innovative and creative solutions related to offering tech solutions and support.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Must be well-versed in Marathi/Hindi and English.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.