Website The Hans Foundation
Designation– Senior Consultant- Mental Health
No of Positions – 1
Location – Delhi
Nature of engagement – Consultant
Period of engagement – Upto 31 December 2022, subject to renewal
School Health Clinics seek to provide comprehensive primary healthcare to government school students by catering to both physical and mental health issues within the school campus. Each clinic has a doctor, a psychologist, a nurse, and a multi-task worker who are responsible for regular screening, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of primary healthcare concerns of students. A pioneer in the education and healthcare space, the Education and Health Departments of the Government of Delhi have come together to ensure the holistic development and well-being of government school students through the School Health Clinics Pilot Project.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been set up to help the GNCTD manage the implementation of the pilot project. The PMU has partnered with the Hans Foundation for the smoother functioning and operations of the School Health Clinics Project.
Position Summary –
We are looking for a Consultant (Mental Health) who is driven with a mission to bring transformational change in the mental health space through policy action. The Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Manager SHC, the PMU and THF who will delineate his/her/their roles and responsibilities from time to time.
The ideal candidate would have a strong commitment towards improving the mental health of children and be adept in handling critical psychological cases. The Consultant (Mental Health) will be involved in the everyday functioning of the school health clinics, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, reviewing and providing feedback and contribute in designing strategy for all mental health aspects of SHCs.
Role and Responsibilities –
● Understanding, reviewing, and supporting the psychologists appointed in the SHCs in supervising critical psychological cases of children.
● Provide specialised regular individual supervision to the psychologists engaged in SHCs and help them in navigating through complicated psychological cases
● Providing evidence-based advice to the PMU and THF for dealing with different challenges and aspects of mental health as and when they surface during the implementation of the project.
● Providing research-based inputs and suggestions to the PMU for the sustainable expansion of the SHC project in the mental health space.
● Identification of major mental health issues in different schools and different socio-economic contexts, examining and designing sub-interventions to resolve these issues at the macrolevel.
● Working in close coordination with the Monitoring Associate for regular monitoring of all sessions and cases undertaken by the SHC psychologists, identifying, and reducing gaps in coordination with relevant stakeholders of the project.
● Working in close coordination with the Project Associate to identify medico-legal and critical cases and facilitate the escalation and de-escalation of all such cases to relevant stakeholders based on consultation with Consultant (social work/law).
● Weekly reporting of critical and medico-legal cases to Project Associate and Senior Project Associate.
● Review peer supervision reports, other supervision, and training reports with the Project Associate.
● Monitor trainings, supervisions and other activities around mental health and provide timely feedback report to the PMU and THF.
● Ensuring that all aspects of mental health, particularly critical cases are handled with utmost sensitivity
● Maintaining high level of confidentiality in dealing with mental health concerns of the SHCs
● Identifying the need for capacity building and training sessions on mental health with relevant trainers and facilitating the organisation of the same.
● Facilitating the research, design and implementation of life skill modules and adapting these to respective contexts.
● Supervise the work of Junior Consultant (Mental Health) and work in close coordination with them.
● Post Graduate degree in Clinical Psychology from a reputed institution
● Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of working with children, preferably children from lowincome backgrounds in the government or NGO sector
● Good knowledge and practical experience of life skills, social and emotional learning, therapeutic and counselling techniques is desirable
● Good understanding of psychometric methods and evaluation
● Knowledge of evidence-based psychological interventions for various mental health conditions
● Knowledge and experience of psychological research and evaluation is preferred.
● Strong theoretical and practical foundation in psychology and counselling
● Interest and experience in research and policy making for mental health and socio-emotional wellbeing will be an added advantage.
Required Skills & Competencies
● Have an empathetic & compassionate attitude
● Giving close attention to details and demonstrated ability to handle sensitive or confidential information
● Excellent communication skills
● Sensitive towards the needs of children
● Ready to learn and unlearn as per the needs of the project.
● Problem solver and innovative
● Excellent analytical and logical skills, along with attention to details
INR 9,00,000 per annum
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.