Position: Senior Consultant – Public Health
Location: Bengaluru/ Gurgaon/ Mumbai
Who are we – About Sattva
We are an organisation driven by the mission to end poverty in our lifetime. Our work focuses on scalable solutions for sustainable social impact. We work with our clients – corporations, philanthropists, foundations and social organisations – to achieve social impact goals effectively and maximise the social return on their investment. Deep understanding across sectors and collaboration with multiple stakeholders drive our work. This approach helps us, and our clients develop holistic solutions for solving critical societal problems. We are driven by impact and powered by knowledge. We bring the right balance of the head-heart-hand to our work. Our work is powered by the passionate energy of our mission-driven young team, guided by the strong leadership and advisory board with multi-dimensional experience in business and social sectors.
Our team of 400 (and growing rapidly) across offices in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi comes with stellar professional credentials from diverse backgrounds and is bound together by our common commitment to social impact.
Foundations: Ecosystem and Policy Advisory
Sattva has ongoing work with several leading Global, Regional, Domestic Foundations and Multilateral organisations to create evidence and curate dialogue for policy action. Sattva’s Ecosystem and Policy Advisory practice enables foundations to amplify their influence and impact through ecosystem engagement and policy research and advisory. We enhance portfolio performance for funders, engage ecosystem through convenings, knowledge creation and dissemination, facilitate collaboration between funders, implementation organisations, and facilitate policy research, advisory and policy engagement and communication with Central, State and District Governments.
Sattva has experience in a range of ecosystem and policy advisory work – thematic and landscape studies, narrative building, policy analysis and briefs, government engagement and facilitating partnerships— supported by leading foundations. Sattva has created strategic partnerships and influence by building data and evidence backed advisory, key stakeholder relationships in education, gender equality, healthcare, water and sanitation, and financial inclusion.
The Senior Consultant will play a key role in Ecosystem and Policy Advisory projects at the Foundations Unit in Sattva. In this role, they will work closely to lead delivery of knowledge products, curate meaningful ecosystem engagement in the policy, philanthropic and corporate ecosystems, and work to support global and Indian Foundations in their portfolio impact, and strategic policy and ecosystem work.
In addition, the following will be the key responsibilities:
- Take overall accountability of customer success through active listening, problem solving and providing strategic inputs which align with their vision of high impact on the ground and the ecosystem
- Co-create solutions to meet client’s current and future needs, working closely with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Influence decision making and action at the senior level of high impact organisations to enable positive and sustainable impact
- Develop, manage and grow working relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- Ensure strong project management, team management and overall profitability of projects
- Keep abreast of new and current trends within the social impact space, approaches to enable scalable impact
- Work closely with prospective clients, business development and sales teams to ensure accurate scope of works, high quality approach and accurate effort estimation
- Contribute towards the organisations overall thought leadership strategy by generating meaningful content relevant to the ecosystem
- Lead internal strategic initiatives at the unit or organisational level that help contribute towards Sattva’s continued development
- Participate in building and strengthening internal systems and processes which contribute towards effective and efficient functioning of the unit and organisation
- Contribute towards the development of junior team members, and a strong collaborative learning culture
- Build, structure and develop knowledge to share internally within the organisation and at the ecosystem level
Key qualifications and experiences
At Sattva, our goal is realizing the impact on the ground and to drive a collective win by engaging with multiple stakeholders. We are looking for individuals who align with our mission and meet the following requirements:
- 6-8 years of experience in consulting, research and policy in corporate/ social enterprises/ consulting firms or global foundations
- MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree in International Relations/ Development studies/ Public Health or Business Management
- Demonstrated senior stakeholder (C suite executives and leaders) engagement expertise:
- Consulting/advisory experience in working in the sector with clients
- Managed multi-stakeholder environments and projects
- Exceptional problem-solving and advisory skills, strong presentation and data analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Prior experience in leading teams and managing associates/analysts
- Demonstrable expertise in managing conflicts Self-driven, high-energy, curious and adaptable personality with the ability to produce high quality work and has an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong understanding of global development, south-south cooperation and Indian public healthcare
- Strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Experience in working in projects and with stakeholders in other social economies outside India.
We cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees and reinforce diversity in our workplace. All applications regardless of race, religion, caste, color, place of origin, gender, sexuality, disability and age will be welcome and will be fairly evaluated as per the requirements of the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.sattva.co.in.