Medha better prepares youth for life after school. Our combination of 21st-Century skills training, career counselling, and alumni support propel young people on career paths of their choice. Since 2011, we have improved workplace engagement, income growth, and female workforce participation for 85,000 students across more than 400 educational institutions. And we are currently partnering with multiple state governments to bring our programming and approach to millions more.
We are supported by leading corporations and global foundations such as Accenture, JP Morgan, and The Mulago Foundation. We have received numerous awards and recognitions for our work, including the Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, and Ashoka Fellowships, the Dasra Girl Power Award, and were recently named a finalist for the Elevate Prize.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Medha is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices.
For more information, please visit 1) Website 2) 2021 Impact Report 3) Program Materials 4) Three-Years Strategy Growth Plan Deck.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR MANAGER, CAPACITY BUILDING
For the last ten years, Medha has delivered a unique experiential learning program to young people in the ‘Hindi belt.’
Based on the Four Cs of 21st-century skills – communications, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking – the program aims to prepare young people to start and excel in diverse careers paths of their choice.
Constantly upgraded and enhanced, the program has evolved significantly over the last decade, along with changing student and market demands. As we look to the future of learning and work, we are doubling down on the program’s transformative impact on young people’s lives.
Medha has a vision of an India with equal career opportunities for youth, irrespective of gender, class, or caste. We believe the most effective way to get 150 million young people into rewarding careers is by collaborating with the government education system. From day one, we chose to exclusively work at existing vocational, technical, and higher education institutions and integrate our programming and approach into the system.
Ten years later, this scale path has enabled us to impact over 85,000 students across more than 540 educational institutions in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Haryana. As we expand our System Adoption work to reach 1 million students in the next five years. We are looking for a senior manager, Learning & Development, for system actors. In this role, you would be delivering learning and development programs and help us build an output-driven culture within Education Departments by improving government officials’, teachers’, and principals’ skills, knowledge, and attitude.
If you think you can help Medha, make this difference by working closely with the system adoption team at Medha for large-scale initiatives. We would want to explore synergies.
You will work with a team of professionals equally driven by Medha’s mission and vision.
What you will do:
This position requires you to excel in several different domains. Some of the main areas of work include:
Training Delivery (Physical & Virtual)
- Effectively collaborate with the project team, curriculum & Program Design team to develop and create learning solutions and components.
- Create visuals to catch the attention of the trainees.
- Facilitate learning solutions and prepare plans according to adult learning principles, creating high impactful and engaging training environments in both physical and virtual environments.
- Keep training records, create dashboards, analyze trends and feed information to the program design team.
Data Management for training evaluation
- Keep training records, create dashboards, analyze trends and feed information to the program design team and Data and Impact team.
Relationship Management with state officials
- Proactively engage with government officials to identify the upcoming challenges, government orders, and any changes that will impact the project positively or negatively.
- Work closely with the project team to have a solid plan to mitigate the risk.
- Build a community of the trainees and promote collaboration among each other.
Effectively coordinate with Internal project teams and senior leadership
- Seamless communication with the Project manager is essential
- Any red flags need to be raised immediately with the senior leadership.
What your day might look like:
- Prepare a training calendar with the project team for the higher education department.
- Deliver facilitation skills training to Employability Skills Instructors in ITIs.
- Analysis of pre-post data of your previous batch for reporting purposes.
- Follow with your trainees for submitting assignments on time.
- Preparation for refresher training is scheduled for next week.
- Attend a meeting with the curriculum and program design team for developing a new intervention with the principals of ITIs
Things we are looking for:
Someone who identifies with our mission and vision and has the knack for pulling off large-scale events, media relationship management, and passion for impact writing!
The ideal candidate has the following capabilities:
- A leader & a moderator who can define the training situation, manage the work and act towards managing training goals. They should be able to respond in a difficult situations.
- Efficient oral, written, and visual communicator. Along with verbal communication and body language, the gap for writing in both Hindi & English with confident delivery is an absolute necessity.
- Knowledge of e-learning tools is essential to blend the best training methods.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to conclude the effectiveness of the training program.
- Excellent organizational skills
And some prior experience:
We believe in diversity of thought and experiences and are open to candidates with varied backgrounds. If you believe the skills you have built from the experiences you have had in the past can be applied to this work, please communicate how and why in your application.
Why should you work for Medha?
- A passionate team that is committed to a shared mission.
- Grassroots ethos is connected to its student community (no ivory towers here).
- Audacious goals and vision to impact millions of young people and India’s growth story.
- New initiatives and exciting projects to get involved in and learn from.
- An informal and fun work environment that doesn’t compromise on performance.
- Space to explore and find your solutions and path (no micromanaging).
Our hiring process:
Our goal is to be as transparent and respectful of your time during the recruiting process. We use a technology platform to ensure the hiring process is comprehensive, efficient, and well documented.
To apply for this job please visit medha.zohorecruit.com.